THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The USFWS' latest requirements for exporting trophies-Be aware

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The USFWS' latest requirements for exporting trophies-Be aware
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted
I have just been notified by Life Form Taxidermy that the USFWS' latest requirements with exporting trophies now require the following:

"Please note that due to the entire 'Cecil the Lion' fiasco, we have been notified by USFWS that all trophies that are now being exported (and re-exported) from South Africa to the United States must now be accompanied by the legal hunting documentation (Professional Hunting Register & supporting documentation for trophies hunted in South Africa and All hunting permits and licenses for trophies hunted in Neighboring Countries and re-exported from South Africa)."

For those of you going this year, or for those who have taxidermy being completed in Southern Africa, please discuss these requirements with your taxidermists and PHs accordingly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
geez i am gald i got my in this week. when will this ever stop

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I have a stomach ache on a daily basis about my leopard (still in Harare).

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me to I have a stomach ace about your leopard to hope it all works well glad i got mine in 2015

quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
I have a stomach ache on a daily basis about my leopard (still in Harare).

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leeb441:

It never will stop.

In fact, it will get worse, just as poaching will.

Legal hunters are given the kick up the rear end, while poachers are not given any attention!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67392 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by leeb441:

It never will stop.

In fact, it will get worse, just as poaching will.

Legal hunters are given the kick up the rear end, while poachers are not given any attention!

Thats because they think they can do something to stop legal hunting, but are powerless to stop poaching.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
This might be new requirements from USF&W.
For the taxidermist to apply for the permits to export the trophies, the outfitter must hand in copies of the ph register, the transfer of the hunting rights and the p3 exemption permit or the licences. This is for NC permits in Limpopo. The other provinces should be following the same procedure. The taxidermist should have all the documentation with them. Lately a letter inviting the client to hunt is also a requirement in Limpopo.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote