THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Namibia: Cabinet Rejects Wildlife Hunting Pressure

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia: Cabinet Rejects Wildlife Hunting Pressure
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://allafrica.com/stories/201603041320.html

Namibia: Cabinet Rejects Wildlife Hunting Pressure

By Shinovene Immanuel

The government reiterated that it will oppose any call to ban or restrict hunting or the exporting of wildlife products from Namibia.

Information minister Tjekero Tweya announced this yesterday at a media briefing, saying Cabinet has approved Namibia's position to reject calls by some international wildlife sympathisers and activists who have criticised the Namibian government for allowing the intentional hunting of animals such as rhinos.

"Cabinet directed the Ministry of Environment and Tourism to actively campaign against any attempt to ban or restrict hunting and the export of wildlife products from Namibia," Tweya said.

According to him, Cabinet has also directed that government ministers who are part of Cabinet must campaign Namibia's position at different platforms and communicate the importance of trophy hunting to national conservation and sustainable development goals.

"Cabinet took note that a code of conduct for conservation hunting is being developed, accompanied by improvements in the regulation of hunting and strengthening the link between hunting and conservation," the information minister said.

The ministry of environment announced at the end of 2013 that they had obtained a five-year approval from Cabinet to sell five black rhinos yearly for trophy hunting.

That decision did not sit well with wild animal activists, who criticised the move.

Namibia has been in the international media for rhino killings, even though the state insists that it is being done for a good cause to fund other conservancy projects.

The government raked in N$3,7 million in 2014 from a controversial permit which allowed an endangered black rhino to be killed by a foreigner.

Meanwhile, Tweya also announced that Cabinet had given the green light for the ministry of industrialisation to prepare for the 2016 international investment conference under the theme 'journey towards prosperity'.

That conference is scheduled for 12 to 13 May 2016.

Apart from that, Cabinet also discussed several issues regarding gender-based violence, especially relating to the commemoration of international women's day, which is set for 8 March 2016.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9501 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I LOVE BEAUTIFUL NAMIBIA!!!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Thank god! At last some sensible politicians

Go Namibia tu2

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Namibia gets it...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the wildlife sympathizers and activists got black-balled this time Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I could I would spend my time and money in Namibia!
Doug

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
About time some told the West not to dictate to them!

Well done Namibia! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Good for them! Let's continue to support the pro-hunting government by spending our tourism $$ there!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Another solid reason to keep hunting Namibia! tu2 Now, if the rest of Southern Africa would only take notice and follow. . . .

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Might have to be my next trip
Go Namib

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So glad I hunted Namibia 2013. They know where there bread is buttered. Very hunter friendly country. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK NAMIBIA!!!!!

MauserK98

Posts: 193 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Headed there in a couple of months. I will show my support with US$.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received notification today from Hunting Report of another airline ( LAN ) banning the transport of hunting trophies. How refreshing therefore amidst the current tide of anti hunter and anti hunting sentiment pervading everything that one government body sees beyond all the bs to properly recognise the conservation and economic benefits of hunting, and actually intends to further communicate the same.
I've never been ashamed to say "I am a hunter" but this from Namibia makes me quite proud that I am.
I am pleased to say I will hunt there, and make my contribution, in 2017.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2090 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Been there. Done that. Going again next year.
That says it all.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
30.06king: Which airline is LAN? Some South America airline?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UEG,
LAN is one of the major Latin American carriers.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2090 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Good for Namibia !! Its good to see a government openly backing its hunting Industry.
If only more African countries would do that.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wildlife wins one!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote