New
Find
Notify
Tools

The "ROBIN HURT AWARD" for 2006
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Jason Roussos won the Robin Hurt Award (best plains game specimen) at tha African Professional Hunters Association dinner meeting last thursday night in Reno. This was based on the 41"+ Mt. Nyala taken last March. His father, Nassos, won the same award last year for the 36" lesser kudu that also won the President's Award from the Dallas Safari Club.
The APHA couldn't decide where to place the 18ft 7 in. Nile Crocodile but agreed that from this point forward Croc's will be considered dangerous game and eligible for that award.
So what used the be called the "Big Six Award" is now the "Big Seven'. John Sharp is always the presenter of that one.

Hope they don't bar us from the competiton next year. I'm still betting on a 20 foot Nile Crocodile to be taken.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Very well done. The best indicator of future success is past performance.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful news, I bet the clients who took those prize specimens were also happy to hear of the awards.

I cannot imagine what a 20 foot croc would even look like! Anyone know what the largest ever measured?

~Ann

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Hey Ann!

Rich Elliot talked about the 18' 7" one, looks like that's the biggest ever measured.

Rowland Ward - - - - - - - - - 17' 3"

Safari Club International - - -17' 8"

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 18' 7" taken last June shoujld be the new SCI # 1. In Oct. an 18' 2" was taken and those three 17 footers all had various lengths of tail missing. I believe 20 foot is gonna happen.

See y'all in Dallas!
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote