Find
Notify
Tools

Insurance for Trohpy Mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Are there any hunting organizations that have insurance to cover mounts.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
http://www.lechnerstauffer.com/pa-ins/

I use these guys. It is also hunt replacement insurance. I've had it for 10 years or so, never made a claim, so can't comment as to their service.

The bills always come on time. Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about mounts once completed and displayed in your home?? If you declare them and a value, most are covered on a good Home Owners policy. It would be up to you on declaration if it was to include hunt replacement and if they accept the value??....the argument would probably come if you ever had a claim and the ultimate replacement cost....ie the hunt, the trophy fee, the NOW HORRENDOUS Dip/Pack/Shipping with all of the hangars on...and taxidermy...20 years later??

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2665 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
470EDDY,

Here are some of the values on my policy. They (Lechner & Stauffer) establish values not the policy holder.

FM Brown Bear, 17000
SM Desert Mule Deer 4500
FM Kudu 7400
SM Moose 8100
Elephant 15300 (each tusk)
FM Leopard 16400
FM Lion 35400
FM Dall Sheep 15000
FM Bongo 28000
FM LDE 21600
SM Buffalo 7500
SM Livingstone Eland 3700
SM Kafue Lechwe 3600

It's interesting, if you look at the African stuff you can justify it as full hunt replacement, IF YOU COMBINE SPECIES.

Other N/A stuff, which typically are a single species hunt, it doesn't pencil out. But rather have the 8100 on a Moose than not.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3523 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, mine is a WAG on the whole trophy room, not individual species.Probably not even close today as some of my life size mounts and big African stuff were taken in the 80's!!
Yours look like pretty reasonable amounts per specie.
I guess I should raise the total on next review??

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2665 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote