THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Missing threads on the African forum?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Missing threads on the African forum?
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted
Quote:

First of all, I am quite pleased to be able to use this forum, for free, as it is run. Thank you.

One observation I would like to make, though, is that it might be more feasible to create two seperate databases, a current one, and an "archive". Keep everything up to, say, four weeks in the current forum. Move everything else into an archive. If someone is looking for an old post, they can go to the archive. Obviously, some categories need not be stored long term (classifieds, etc).

This would eliminate the pressure to "keep" old threads in this format, and might reduce the "labor" involved as well.

Don't know if it is feasible (that's what we got Don for, right ) FWIW, Dutch.

It's not possible Dutch. The database is the database. The software doesn't let us have some forums for one database and another for a second database. All AR posts are in one SQL database indexed by forum. Good idea. Some forum software does archive posts, but not infopop.

Sorry,

Don

Posts: 26547 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Friends,

While some personal details may be lost in the deleted threads, I am looking forward to buying the AR Book as it would have the wealth of knowledge that these forums have accumulated. With the rate at which newer information is being added, we may have to start pestering the Administrators and the Moderators for a second volume very soon after the first one is released and sold out.

Best wishes and good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mehul my friend,

The Accuirater Relodaing Africa Book does not contain posts from this forum.

It contains hunting stories, information on logistics and information on guns and ammo on Africa.

It was of course written by members of this forum, who were kind enough to donate their time and efforts to the book.

The book is already at the printers, and hopefully we should be able to have it very soon.

Posts: 68742 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote