THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Licensed Zambia Professional Hunters

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Licensed Zambia Professional Hunters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can i find a list of Licensed Zambia Professional Hunters. A friend want to hunt with an South African PH in Zambia but he is not sure if he is registered.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
If you can give me more details outfitter, concession etc I will find out for you. As a member and past committee member of the Professional Hunters Association of Zambia we have a list for 2010 but this varies from the list of licenses issued by the wildlife department?

But probably easier just to get your friend to ask the PH to fax or scan through a copy of his 2010 license?

If you expect that this 'PH' is being fronted by a Zambian PH then the safari can turn out to be quite amusing. For starters one has not got a clue where he is or what he is doing, and often nor does the other.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9957 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mbb

If your friend already suspects the RSA PH might not be completely legit perhaps he should rethink his choice of professional hunter.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If your friend already suspects the RSA PH might not be completely legit perhaps he should rethink his choice of professional hunter.

I was telling him the same. But same hunters (clients) falling in love with the PH...

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mboga,

I have done two hunts in Zambia with a ph from SA who was being fronted by Zambian ph's.

On the first hunt the Zambian ph was Bill Williams, a good guy who worked well with the SA ph and we had a good hunt in all respects.

The second hunt, not so much. Our Zambian ph was a likable enuf sort but not very competent. The other hunter in camp had a ph who was completely and arrogantly incompetent.

The second pair of ph's were products of the indigenization of the hunting industry. There are quality native Zambian ph's working in the safari industry but quality is not a requirement and these guys were proof of that.

If your
sa ph doesn't know or have input in determining the Zambian counterpart don't go. Or better yet, go with a Zambia based outfitter that you or a friend are familiar with.

I'm not sure being, "on the list" should cause one to have a warm fuzzy feeling about things either. I believe one might be appointed to the list if you have a rifle and a car and qualify in other ways.

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

I was telling him the same. But same hunters (clients) falling in love with the PH...

Well marry him but do consider a honeymoon in Zambia.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew - The guys who have Sable Safaris, still hunting Nyakalwe in the Valley, are from SA. I cannot remember their names though?? Don't you remember us dealing with that a few years ago??? It is a very good area, but I would stay clear of their other two GMA's though. I'm not sure who else is hunting in Zambia that is from SA.

Doug, across the river is from Zim isn't he???

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
If they aren't on this list, do not go with them, no matter what their story is.

http://www.phazambia.com/members_name.htm#AG

~Alan Bunn

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Andrew - The guys who have Sable Safaris, still hunting Nyakalwe in the Valley, are from SA. I cannot remember their names though?? Don't you remember us dealing with that a few years ago??? It is a very good area, but I would stay clear of their other two GMA's though. I'm not sure who else is hunting in Zambia that is from SA.

Doug, across the river is from Zim isn't he???

Peter Bothma - Sable Safaris and yes Doug and Adrian Reed are from Zimbabwe. There are a couple others that I know of that got their licenses this year but do not appear on the list.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal