THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mugabe Had A Massive Heart Attack????

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mugabe Had A Massive Heart Attack????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just read a article. Sounds like he is going to hell!!!!

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:

........... tu2 Good riddance!

................................................................. diggin Make room in that grave for his wife and his main henchmen!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Don't celebrate too much.

This is Africa and hard as it may be to believe, what follows could well be worse.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:
Don't celebrate too much.

This is Africa and hard as it may be to believe, what follows could well be worse.

How true. At least with Mugabe everyone knew what to expect. The unknown variable is how many want to fill his vacancy and what will they do to get it?
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly. Are we ready for Grace?

Posts: 10379 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't be true.
Uncle Bob has no heart

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob is back !!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz, whats the prevailing thought over there when Mugabe id dead....a smooth transition to his wife?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If he's going to Hell it must be in the motorcade that ran me off the road yesterday in Harare Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
Buzz, whats the prevailing thought over there when Mugabe id dead....a smooth transition to his wife?

Do you really want Buzz to comment on a President of that type?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I do hope his Vet has plenty in stock of whatever they use nowadays to put animals down. I would hate to think he suffers to much.

Posts: 3913 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most caring farmers rely on a flying visit from Dr Eley when something requires putting down or vermin invades their land.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Totally unfair to ask someone in Zim these sorts of questions. Last I heard, Mugabe was alive and well. Frankly, these questions are inappropriate regardless. You look like a bunch of vultures.

Posts: 10379 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Totally unfair to ask someone in Zim these sorts of questions. Last I heard, Mugabe was alive and well. Frankly, these questions are inappropriate regardless. You look like a bunch of vultures.

Inappropriate?? Why? There is no bad in my intent. I have been to Zim 4 times and is my favorite place on this earth. I love Zimbabwe deeply and I want it to thrive....I want to go back!

I am hoping that a transition goes smoothly and am asking the opinion of a native.

What's the problem?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Asking someone who lives there to comment publicly on the politics of the situation puts them in an awkward position. They can't agree with you -- They have to live there. That's my point!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
This is a classic case of choosing between the devil you know versus the devil you don't know.

Mugabe will not long be remembered, but he will be remembered, if at all, as a murderer, a liar and a thief.

Whoever follows him would do well to keep that in mind.

I could be wrong, but I will always choose the devil I don't know, as opposed to a devil I do know, like Mugabe, because I am a long-term optimist.

As Dr. King once said, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
No Luck.

http://www.reuters.com/article...mugabe-idUSKCN0V105J
Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe returned home late on Friday after a month-long holiday in the Far East, just over a week after the presidency dismissed rumors that Africa's oldest president had suffered a heart attack and collapsed.

Mugabe, who turns 92 on Feb. 21, is the only leader that the Southern African nation has ever known, and his health is being closely watched in and outside his ruling party, ZANU-PF. The party is deeply divided over who will eventually succeed him.

The president was shown on the state television network, ZBC, arriving with his wife Grace and several security aides at Harare Airport, where he was met by one of his vice presidents, Emmerson Mnangagwa, cabinet ministers and security chiefs. Mugabe did not speak to journalists from ZBC or the state-owned press. .

Reports about the declining health of Mugabe, who is showing signs of his advancing age, are common, but he likes to describe himself as "fit as a fiddle."

On Saturday, Mugabe will meet another long-ruling African leader, Equatorial Guinea's Teodoro Obiang Nguema, who arrived in Zimbabwe on Friday on a three-day official state visit.

In 2014 Mugabe was re-elected to lead ZANU-PF for another five years, automatically making him the party's presidential candidate in the next general elections, in 2018.

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Asking someone who lives there to comment publicly on the politics of the situation puts them in an awkward position. They can't agree with you -- They have to live there. That's my point!

I totally understand that...apologies to Buzz!

Lacava, I wish that you said this in your 1st reply...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leopard Track- no appologies needed. I have given up trying to second guess African politics as I have got it wrong so often!! Your guess would be as good as mine!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buzz! My intent wasn't to put you in a bad spot but I realize now that the wrong answer could have!

I have been to your beautiful country 3X and it is my favorite place on earth.

I hope it all works out!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
This is a classic case of choosing between the devil you know versus the devil you don't know.

Mugabe will not long be remembered, but he will be remembered, if at all, as a murderer, a liar and a thief.

Whoever follows him would do well to keep that in mind.

I could be wrong, but I will always choose the devil I don't know, as opposed to a devil I do know, like Mugabe, because I am a long-term optimist.

As Dr. King once said, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."

Agreed.

In most things, there is a regression toward the mean.

May the winds be kind to those affected, when the change happens.

Posts: 817 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is all very much about blame. In Zimbabwe, the Ian Smith government is still being blamed for everything. As "colonialism" was blamed for Zambia's ills at dependence (I use that term because in most cases it is when a country officially becomes dependent on foreign aid and hand-outs) When Frederick Chiluba was elected, everybody blamed everything on Kaunda, and so on. Once Mugabe is gone, what ails the country will be blamed on him, but for now, there is no one else to blame. I suppose it is also worth remembering that when a country has been ruled despotically (and Zim isn't too bad as long as you don't say The King is a Fink) and it returns to democracy, that is perhaps its most dangerous time.

Grace? I think not.

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Groulx:
This is all very much about blame. In Zimbabwe, the Ian Smith government is still being blamed for everything.

In South Africa they blame Jan van Riebeeck and Cecil John Rhodes.

They will blame anything and everyone but never take responsibility for their own failures. TIA.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote