THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mono-metal bullets in double rifles ?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mono-metal bullets in double rifles ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you are saying expansion can continue through that region (see the 1900 fps photo) but it is a solid shank? Come on.

And do your posts on this thread mean we are now on speaking terms?

Smiler

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
So you are saying expansion can continue through that region (see the 1900 fps photo) but it is a solid shank? Come on.

And do your posts on this thread mean we are now on speaking terms?

Smiler

Don't be idiotic. Of course the solid portion of the shank can mushroom slightly as it is highly ductile copper engineered/tempered/whatevered to match the ductility of the adjacent lead core. It is still tough enough.

I speak to you, 500lies, when I must point out the lies for the benefit of others.

It's a dirty job, but somebody has got to do it.

Maybe in the future "sumbuddy who know" will help keep you in line if I get too busy to fool around with you.

jump

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP, first you say there is no jacket, they you agree there is. Then you say the rifling engraves through the grooves 1mm into the shank. Then you reverse that position. Now you say the solid shank is expanding. What next?

This is going a bit far just for you to run down some well-made bullets.

This will be the last post I make to you in this thread.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
RIP, first you say there is no jacket, they you agree there is. Then you say the rifling engraves through the grooves 1mm into the shank. Then you reverse that position. Now you say the solid shank is expanding. What next?

This is going a bit far just for you to run down some well-made bullets.

This will be the last post I make to you in this thread.

Now you are falling into your old pattern when cornered.

Read again and try to understand.

I am not running down the North Fork soft Point. I buy them 500 at a whack on occasion.

I am just trying to point out that they should not be used in antique, thin barreled H&H doubles that are apt to come unsoldered with the likes of solid monometals.

They are the best softpoint extant for single tube rifles. Not for antique double rifles.

Now I leave you to suck your thumb. sleep

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote