THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Some possitive developments in Zim with shipping trophies

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some possitive developments in Zim with shipping trophies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finally the complaints about the delays in shipping trophies are having the right effect. Thank you to forum members who have taken the time to bich to the Chairman of the parks board and bug the Director of parks on this issue...

The following notice was sent out today

ZIMBABWE PARKS AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT
AUTHORITY

WORKSHOP TO LOOK AT THE PROCESS OF EXPORTING HUNTING TROPHIES FROM ZIMBABWE WITH A VIEW TO SHORTENING AND STREAMLINING THE PROCESS TO ACHIEVE AN EXPEDIOUS MOVEMENT OF THE TROPHIES

Tentative Workshop Date and Programme

Date: 21 November 2009

Venue: Boulton Atlantica Centre

Programme:

1. Welcome and introductory remarks (Workshop objectives and expected outcome) (Mrs T. Musonza)

2. Current pre and post hunt procedures (Mr I. Nyamutora)

3. Current export and re-export procedures (Mrs M. Chikwanha)

4. Identification of current problems in the processes

(a) Presentation from Taxidermy Enterprises (Taxidermy Enterprises)

(b) Exchange Control regulations on the export of trophies (Mr S. Mapfungautsi – RBZ)

(c) Open floor to discuss problems being faced by industry (SOAZ to provide facilitator)

5. Way forward (Mr G. Matipano)

6. AOB

Invitees
Parks Officials (Directorate, Consumptive, Management, Investigations, Regional Managers, Bulawayo and Masvingo export office staff, Matetsi 5)
Taxidermists
Shipping agents
Dipping and packing agents
RBZ
Hunting industry (SOAZ and non-SOAZ members)
Professional hunters
Authorized dealers in wildlife trophies
Banks
ZTA
ZIMRA
Veterinary Services

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
What role will teleprompters play in the proceedings?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19320 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well! Without a workshop the trophies shot by my clients in Zimbabwe that hunted with Mokore Safaris this season are on the way to the States as I write this.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Mark, good for you: I, however, am still awaiting mine from 3 years ago; so, I hope the workshop speeds things up a bit.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bryan,

I'm not trying to rub salt in your wounds or anyone elses. What I should have said is that the trophy shipping problems associated with Zim are not industrywide. Some outfits are getting their client's trophies shipped out in a very timely manner.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's fair enough. What, I suppose, worries me the most is I have not been tendered a bill for the work and my experience with Taxidermists lead me to believe that they do not commence work without a deposit. I really do not know what is happening. I don't mind dthe delay on the few pg trophies, however, my first elephant tusks would be nice to have

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Ended my last safari with Zambezi Hunters on June 16. Trophies are in Atl, cleared, and shipping to taxidermist this week. In fact, they'd already be at the taxidermist if I had remembered to sign the check when I sent it last week.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
My trophies are at the taxidermist in Zimbabwe for dip and pack from September'09. I sent payment for the dip and pack service this week. Hopefully, mine will arrive in the states soon.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I left Zim on October 2cd and my trophies are ready to ship. I was ready for a long wait but, very happy with this.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Ended my last safari with Zambezi Hunters on June 16. Trophies are in Atl, cleared, and shipping to taxidermist this week. In fact, they'd already be at the taxidermist if I had remembered to sign the check when I sent it last week.

Encouraging news. I ended my safari with them on August 2nd and haven't one word on where they are at in the process.

Clark

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote