New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cites Permits and plane tickets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be going to Namibia in June of 2005. When should I get my CITES permit for leopard, and where do I get the application from? When should I buy my plane ticket, and can you recommend an agent. Thanks Wolf

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apply for your cites after you return and have been sucessful. I wasted the fee before by getting the cites prior to the hunt. You know a Leopard is not like most other game it is not a given . There is plenty of time after you return.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
When I got my CITES permit in 2000, I applied for in January of that year. I got it about 6 weeks later.

The permit is (or was at that time) only good for a year, so keep that in mind. But if the date of your hunt is fixed at June '05, you should be fine to apply at any time.

Take Care,

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar,

As for the tickets and other travel arrangements I could also recommend Kathi at World Travel Mart. I leave on the 25th of this month and Kathi took care of all my travel as well as Visa arrangements and can take care of overnight accommodations etc.. most anything your outfitter may not cover. Not only was she very professional and knowledgeable about African travel also a very nice person to chat with.

Kathi@wldtravel.com
or 708-425-3552

James F. Nixon III

Posts: 39 | Location: North GA. | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar,

I can vouch for Linda Carroll at Falcon travel, she has done an excellent job for me everytime. Been using her service since 1999.

DC300

Posts: 334 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 12 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Wolfgar,

You can obtain your permit applications at the links below

http://permits.fws.gov
http://permits.fws.gov/applicationforms/ApplicationLM.shtml

Posts: 9426 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Cites Import Permit

Import Fact Sheet

Linda Carroll at Falcon Travel, Inc.
210-479-9895
lacarroll@earthlink.net

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote