THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Going daily rate for elephant in Zim?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going daily rate for elephant in Zim?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted
I have been given the opportunity to upgrade my upcoming 12 day buff/sable hunt to include an ele bull. Upgraded daily would be $1,150 with trophy fee of $12,000 (under 50lbs) and $14,000 (50-75lbs). Good deal? Safari area is Chirisi.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I consider that a little high..The going rate is usually about $900 to $950 per day plus $10,000 for any bull you shoot..Elephant plains game combo hunt.

But thats a hard call as I don't know what they offer in the way of anything else.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That does sound a bit high especially with all of the specials floating around. I would do some more research and price checking...but you might really want to use that operator or PH and that can make a difference sometimes.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You shouldnt have to pay more just because you run into a big bull. Day rate should be 900 to 1000 and trophy fee 12000 or less.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sliding scales for ivory are not uncommon. If you are adding ele bull to buff and sable...that rate is close to normal...but again, towards the end of the season the quota still needs to be sold or the company loses part of the market.

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback....I feel like the prices are a bit high as well....I think I may have too much on the menu given the sable is in Kwekwe......

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a two buffalo hunt and transfered to KweKwe for sable, it was a fourteen day hunt and I hunted to the last hour of the last day to fill out.

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanahile:
Thanks for the feedback....I feel like the prices are a bit high as well....I think I may have too much on the menu given the sable is in Kwekwe......

Who are you hunting with ??

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Myles McCallum....Charlton McCallum Safaris. Hunting November 22nd through December 3rd.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Myles is a good PH. It's going to be HOT then.

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
No doubt, I am just hoping they have enough water!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Bwanahile,

I have taken gatorade in premixed quart packets...They will keep you hydrated and you will be able to do that extra mile without a doubt... Will quench dire thirst and do away with the cotton ball mouth...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the one thing I didn't do properly...I forgot to take drink mix. Of course, it wasn't hot when I was there but we walked all day every day in the Escarpment country which is pretty steep and rocky.

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Great idea which i had not thought of, thanks Mike!

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
12 day buff/sable hunt to include an ele bull. Upgraded daily would be $1,150 with trophy fee of $12,000 (under 50lbs) and $14,000 (50-75lbs).

This is about the going published rate for this type of hunt. I am comparing it to a similar operator with a 16-day hunt @ $1000/day, but lower Elephant trophy fees. (Tshabezi Safaris)

Bottom line comes out about the same, but you have 4 fewer days to hunt.

It is not an unfair price. It is right at the going rate.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would think if you shop around you could do a ele hunt in Zim for $25,000 plus air fare?

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote