New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huntershill Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted with Greg Harvey of Huntershill Safaries & if so what is your opinion of the experience?

Posts: 177 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 August 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a good hunt with them in 2011. Took my dad along and we had a great time. Took nyala, black springbuck, bushbuck and blesbuck which was all I was looking for. Plenty of other species of quality animals. Great accommodations and food.

One thing I know is that Bruce Niland, our PH and possibly a partner in the operation parted ways with them in 2015... Don't know the circumstances.

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I hunted the place exactly one day in 2014. I was hunting with a different outfitter and we were there looking for waterbuck and colored springbuck.

I don't know anything about the operators of the place, but can say I did see quite a bit of it.

They have just about one of everything. If you're looking for it, they likely have it

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Greybird, from your observation can you comment on the trophy quality of the animals available?

One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Bruce Niland has left hunters hill due to him and Greg having a falling out. He was a partner.

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave, I was informed at DSC last week that Bruce had departed Huntershill. Everyone that I talked to that knew Bruce had only praise for him.

One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leopards valley safaris:
Bruce Niland has left hunters hill due to him and Greg having a falling out. He was a partner.

Dave, has Bruce gone by himself? I know they had the new place close to Fort Beaufort, so was wondering what happened to that?

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1414 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard he went with Thaba Thala safaris. He may be developing other properties as well.

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Very complicated issue. Tons of politics.
But yes bruce got shafted hard and is now developing another property.

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote