New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimba Safaris, Zimbabwe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking at a Buffalo hunt with Jimba Safaris out of their Sijarira Camp on Lake Kariba. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

posted Hide Post
don't do sij!!!! It is all poached out!!!

One of Us
Picture of DHSinger
posted Hide Post
My son and I hunted there in 2010. He took an old dugga boy on the second day of a ten day hunt. The location of the camp is on the banks of Lake Kariba. At the time it was very well maintained and, we enjoyed our stay. We also fished the lake.

The area is good for Elephant, Buf, Hippo and, Crocs. There's not much in the way of plains game. What's there is hard to find due to the very thick bush.

You may want to look into Jimba as they were involved in some controversy several years back. Time passes, things change.

Posts: 38 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: 31 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I appreciate the feed back.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Didn't they shoot a horse of a Lion last season?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DHSinger
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of different hunt companies using the name Jimba. Our hunt was booked through Adam Clements with Wayne Deitrich out of Bulawayo.

Posts: 38 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: 31 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as I am aware, reports from parks last year said they were not going to hunt Sijarira or Chete, this year as were giving them a rest. But who knows, maybe they changed their minds again.. A rest they need though for a long time..

Pete Barnard Safaris
www.africanhunting.biz

Posts: 141 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I don't think there are many animals left in Chete!!

A sad shame really as I have hunted there for 5 consecutive years, and had an absolutely great time.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just talked today to a PH who hunted Sij last year. He said they got a couple of bulls but they worked their butts off for them and both animals had snares on their legs.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
rough place with very few animals. Fantastic camp, but it was built for fishermen...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do your research on Jimba and Wayne here and on other sites. Go back a few years. IIRC he was associated with some questionable hunts and areas in the Matetsi region.

Note this is not Jimbah Safaris in the East Cape of RSA.

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i understand there were no bids by operators for Chete or Charisa this year. No game left to make it worth while.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with him in 2011 in Sij. There were 2 of us neither of us got a shot at buff. I turned down a 4 year old bull and was charged for him. It took over 3 years to get my croc. and hippo trophies. Can't recommend him!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venda axe:
I hunted with him in 2011 in Sij. There were 2 of us neither of us got a shot at buff. I turned down a 4 year old bull and was charged for him. It took over 3 years to get my croc. and hippo trophies. Can't recommend him!!!

Charged for an immature animal you never pulled the trigger on! What did your contract state? (Irrespective really as it was immature)

Warning bells!

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote