THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Who's NOT going to Africa this year?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's NOT going to Africa this year?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
25th Wedding Anniversary so no way this year, but will be back in 2013 for sure.

Posts: 1 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 05 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to worry about Taxidermy and Shipping.
So Canada fishing and planning for my next trip.

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No Africa this year. May not ever get a chance to go again. But I got there twice, with my son. Insurance and mama's med bills are going to put a damper on hunts in the future. I see a lot of bluegill fishing and squirrel hunting in my future. Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I doubt if I will go either. I've pretty much shot all the plains game that interest me. My problem is I managed to get in on two non exportable elephant hunts in prior years and have been bitten by the "elephant bug". Those big boys sure are fun to hunt. However, I can't afford the exportable trophy hunts. As my dad used to say "champagne tastes with a beer pocketbook". It looks like those non exportable bull elephant hunts in Zim are a thing of the past, and I don't want to shoot an elephant at night and cows don't interest me either.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wtnut
posted Hide Post
Was thinking about a bull elephant with Chifuti
but managed to roll my truck on jan 5 and break some vertebra in my back. So lucky to be able to walk and move my hands. Some surgery with bars. bolts and screws and everything seems ok.
Hopefully 2013 if everything tuns out alright.
Meeting with doctors on Feb 7.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like to think I'm just one cancellation hunt listing away from a 2012 African hunt!!!

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh no,cant stay away from Africa this year, off course i`m going there Smiler

Terje Kvestad

Posts: 59 | Location: Kongsberg ,Norway | Registered: 05 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavieH:
25th Wedding Anniversary so no way this year, but will be back in 2013 for sure.

I'm in the same situation, but just 20 years. We clever ones take care of the women who tell us to go hunting.

Congratulations on 25 and welcome to the forum.

May all the other folks recover from financial or health issues and be able to go soon.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It gets better later on, the first time I went to Afrca for 2 weeks and when I got home my wife said no more 2 weeks, so the next year I went for 3 never a word since. Working on aniv 48.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love Africa's people more than life itself. I have an opportunity to help a missionary rebuild bible schools that were destroyed by the war. If I can garner enough money I'll take a team of guys and money to help rebuild. This year is likely a fact finding mission unless I find enough money to go big this year. Next year I hope to take nothing less then $20K. This will get it started. It will be a several year project. We will build the metal structures uprights and roofs and then the Africans will do the floors and walls. This way it is "theirs" and they have some sweat equity into the project.
Aaron

God bless you Aaron! That carries more weight than any hunt report and trophy in my books!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for a different point of view, just bought my plane tickets today and I leave 6/23/12 out of Atlanta on Delta. Did not get to go in 2010 or 2011.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Won't be able to go this year, the torphy room addition (for all the african, canadian, etc. critters I already have) I'm putting on the house took a bigger bite out of the wallet than I expected. So it looks like it will be 2013 for me. Buffalo and leopard for sure maybe a PAC ele.

Posts: 63 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 11 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought I was. Unfortunately, it appears there is no quota available for the area I wanted. Now, I am not sure.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote