Find
Notify
Tools

Check Your Passport
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Check the expiration date of your passport. It should be valid for at least 6 months past the date of your return from any overseas trip you have planned.

Also check to see how many blank visa pages you have. Depending on your itinerary, you should probably have a minimum of 4 or 5 blank visa pages. [I understand RSA is now using 2 full visa pages, ZIM uses one full page and the US uses a small reentry stamp, but they will need one page. I am headed through London, so I will need at least one, maybe two pages there. So I figure I need at least 6 pages to be on the safe side].

Go here Passport if you need to add visa pages. (Thanks to Steve for this tip).

Regards,

Terry

P.S.
Go here Renewal if you need to renew your passport.

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Great tip Terry! Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Terry,

No Problem.

All,

On the visa pages, I was told by the Delta/SAA ticket agent that if I didn't have enough pages I would be denied boarding to go to RSA. Luckily I had 2 (maybe 3) blank pages. I'd checked prior to leaving that I had enough.

It would have REALLY upset me if I'd not gotten to go and had to chase down new pages!

So check those pages and go to that link if you need more. It takes a several weeks to get your passport back so plan ahead.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Terry. Mine has several years to go, but I bookmarked the page for future reference.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
This is covered in the Tips and Packing List which is always good to look at (even if you have been before), just so you don't forget something.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Don't tell me you are packing already.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Don't tell me you are packing already.

I will probably pre-pack some time later this week. Wink

Regards,

Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
FYI- if any of you ever find yourselves in a passport jam remember that if you are within driving distance of an office you can normally get things done overnight. used to be same day but they changed a few years back and make you wait. but you need to have a copy of your itenerary with you showing how urgent it is etc. expedited fees apply but sometimes worth it.

My uncle is leaving next week to AUS. then to Philippines from there and had to get new passport because close to expire and was out of pages. He was starting to get worried because it just came back from the Philippine consulate with the Visa yesterday. nothing like cutting it short.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote