New
Find
Notify
Tools

For "granpa" Will - PICS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Will, no offence intended. I know how much you live for elephant hunting so i though some of these could make your day beer

These images were emailed to me by Joe Coogan who was recently on a bird shoot on Galana Ranch along the Galana river in Kenya.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
another couple of pics of a Tsavo East tusker. I can't remember who sent it to me.

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Its great to see that Kenya still has some big ones. I wonder if there are any left up in the Tana area?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oz, that is the same general area. The Galana river or Sabaki river is slightly South of the Tana. Ele's, especially the older bulls move to and fro the Tana and Galana river systems as well as the Tsavo East ecosystem. I am sure there are big Tuskers in the Tana delta area form personal accounts of people I know.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Amazing!

~Ann

Posts: 19549 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if he's the same one. The old bull with the hole in his ear is called six's by the locals at Tsavo. he is known for being a grumpy old fart. the miners I worked with knew him well

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! They really are beautifull...

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy! There are sure a bunch of old bulls in that herd picture.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Damn, fantastic.

Mike

Posts: 21673 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe told me he was going on this hunt and Kenya being his old stomping ground was very interested to find what actually might still be left there.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those pctures and the Galana Ranch sure bring back some fond memories from before the "closing".

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I have had the pleasure to meet Joe at the Vintagers and speak at length with him. He also had the time to show me his scrap books and the photos he had with some of the big tuskers he shot as a youn man while living in Kenya and then Phing. in Tanzania.

Great guy and fellow hunter.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Wow. There are some really nice old bulls in these pics!

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
That big one has got a black nose.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Wow... some great photos of some fantastic elephant. It makes me smile to know there are still some big elephant left in Kenya!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote