THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    OFFICIAL DSC VIDEO RESPONSE TO LION ISSUE
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OFFICIAL DSC VIDEO RESPONSE TO LION ISSUE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fellow AR members.As there has been great discussion on a perceived lack of response regarding the Zim lion crisis I wanted to post the official DSC position on the topic, a video we produced featuring DSC Executive Director Ben Carter. When the lion frenzy hit the news, Ben was in Tanzania, a poor place to 1) gain factual information on the situation and 2) to be able to address the situation even if all the facts were known. Upon his arrival to Dallas, he has been on a non stop schedule of interviews with a wide variety of media outlets, and has done a tremendous job of separating fact from fiction, perception from reality, and the difference between Legal and Illegal hunting.
The timing was indeed terrible for a fast official response from DSC, but please be assured that DSC is dedicated to making INSTANT, and ACCURATE responses to similar issues as the will surly arise, a major priority in the future.
DSC has become, and will continue to be a leading voice for hunter’s advocacy.
Safari Classics will be assisting DSC with edited messages and video footage as needed to make our points on both a national and international stage.
Please be assured DSC , and Director Ben Carter are on the move.
Please watch the video.
Thanks AR Family

DSC's Lion Stance

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Good video. This needs to be on all social media.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just outstanding!

Needs to be everywhere.

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Dave for keeping us in the loop. I'm passing it along.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Makes me glad I am a DSC member.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
You will never see this aired by the network media, because it is common sense!

............................................................ BOOM..... holycow

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Great job. Now if the media would just play it.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trophic-Hunter
posted Hide Post
Note that neither of the words "trophy" or "sport" was spoken by Carter (except when quoting USF&W). Smart.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another of those moments that make me proud of DSC.
Thanks Dave.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
Well done. Concise, factual and objective - unfortunately everything mainstream media avoids ....

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhoro:
Concise, factual and objective . . .

. . . and two weeks after the news broke and the media feeding frenzy was in full force.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done video.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Well done gentlemen.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Dave!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
You will never see this aired by the network media, because it is common sense!

............................................................ BOOM..... holycow

Exactly!

If anything has anything to do with common sense, the media turns a blind eye to it!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I just shared it on my facebook wall thingy

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IH
posted Hide Post
Well said by DSC, need to be promoted on all social media news networks.

Posts: 192 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Professionally produced and point on in articulating sound reasons for the continued sport hunting of lions in Africa. Now if we can just get the vast majority who still don't understand hunting to watch! Well done.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Great video - too bad it will never get aired in the mainstream media. For that, it is missing a few key elements. It is void of wild emotion - it just states the facts. It does not assassinate anyone's character, and it tells the real story of conservation which no tree hugger will ever believe. Good piece nonetheless.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simple and factual. If only the emotionally charged individuals out there that are encouraging the negative side of hunting, would listen to this and more importantly UNDERSTAND the point that BC has made.

Nicely done DSC.
Thanks Dave

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
What are the odds of SCI posting DSC's video on their website? Shouldn't all pro hunting/pro conservation organizations be aligned in our struggle to combat the anti hunting zealots and mobs? In my opinion, probably slim to none and slim left town yesterday. I suspect that anti hunting organizations such as PETA would not have a problem with posting videos and/or articles from other anti hunting organizations as long as it was aligned with their narrative.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem that I see with this is that it is TOO late. Way too late.

With something as critical this, an immediate response was needed. Two weeks ain't immediate.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
He was interviewed on NPR last week and did an excellent job.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Men
As I said in my post, Ben was in Tanzania when this broke. As the ED of DSC we felt he was the right person to articulate our message. But yes, we all wish it would have come out earlier.But...the plan is to be able to mobilize our combined teams to create similar responses as new issues, and other general issues arise, and get them out to the press within 24 hours. Certainly I hope the majority of you feel that, even with a later than hoped for release, that this type of info is helpful in painting our side of the hunting \ conservation picture? And yes, it is being sent to all the mainstream outlets. At the very least, DSC is making it clear that they are ready to be a voice for hunters on a wide variety of issues, and they represent a important group of individuals - US, the hunters and sportsmen of the world. DSC has reached out to all the major media outlets and I believe they will be offered the opportunity to be " the other voice " when the next crisis arrives, which it will. And also, as I said in my first post, DSC, and Ben Carter has been doing DAILY interviews with multiple media outlets for well over a week. That, and releasing the DSC Position On Lion stance within 24 hours of the news breaking on their social media platforms, is actually a far cry from doing nothing as has been incorrectly reported on AR. This video is being delivered on the DSC FACEBOOK platform. If you want to be a part of the battle, the best thing you can do is visit the DSC Facebook page, and LIKE and SHARE with your friends. The more reach, the stronger the message. Thanks for the comments, and thanks in advance for your help in SHARING the post to other folks!

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trophic-Hunter:
Note that neither of the words "trophy" or "sport" was spoken by Carter (except when quoting USF&W). Smart.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am glad you picked up on the fact that only the term HUNTING was used. We believe the term Trophy, as well as Sport are being used against us, therefore we at Safari Classics will be eliminating those terms from our social media, and TV series. HUNTING is what we proudly do gentlemen, it needs no other introductory word to describe it. Do you agree?

Dave Fulson

one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am glad you picked up on the fact that only the term HUNTING was used. We believe the term Trophy, as well as Sport are being used against us, therefore we at Safari Classics will be eliminating those terms from our social media, and TV series. HUNTING is what we proudly do gentlemen, it needs no other introductory word to describe it. Do you agree?

So Dave, what do you call the thing after it is dead? If one is going to the trouble and expense to ship the specimen home, to have it mounted and displayed in a place of pride in one's home or office, what is it, if not a trophy? A memento? I'm afraid by choosing our words so carefully, we are falling into the very trap of political correctness and right-speak that our opponents have laid for us.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Can you check the youtube feed? I can't get it to load this morning.....

Posts: 164 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trophic-Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
quote:

That, by itself, especially if implemented universally by every hunting org., will probably have a greater long-term impact on the public's perception of hunting (and the future of hunting) than all of the combined efforts of all hunting organizations up 'til now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi David
In would call it a lion, or deer, or elk whatever it is. I understand that to some, this might sound like an apologist point of view. Far from my intent. The rabid anti hunting crowd will not be swayed by language. But to the VAST percentage of folks in the middle of the debate ,trying to understand the truth about hunting, a 'Trophy" as presented by Peta, Humane Society, or the anti hunting media paints the picture of shooting an animal, lopping off the head, leaving the rest to rot, then heading to the taxidermist. Of course the truth is nothing like that, but since when did the truth become a priority for the anti hunting]\ gun crowd. Trophy takes meat utilization out of the conversation in some peoples mind, never a good thing. Brother I am a hunter, elephant, lion, rabbit, dove and the list goes on, but I think SPORT, and TROPHY are words that will be increasingly used in the media to club us with. Just my opinion, but one firmly held.Thanks man!

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it's an excellent video, covering a lot of bases in a short period of time!

Yes, time is of the essence in these matters and I believe fully that DSC will be at the forefront of getting out the message in a timely fashion, in the future.

Thank you DSC!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
If you want to be a part of the battle, the best thing you can do is visit the DSC Facebook page, and LIKE and SHARE with your friends. The more reach, the stronger the message.

This in my opinion is absolutely critical. Liberals own social media. Conservatives and Hunters in general just do not use these tools enough to get our message out because we are too busy actually supporting and putting our money to the causes we believe in. But we need to take the time to do it and I know I need to be better hitting the buttons as well.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Job DSC

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
While folks are at it, get the word out on this interview as well. It is appalling that the video has less than three hundred views. I have not checked, but SCI and DSC should both have Facebook links to the interview but I will not be surprised if they do not. I admire John for going toe-to-toe with the other side.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has been.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well produced supported by facts and science. Thank you for taking the time to put it together. A solid link to send to people that have been uninformed

The unfortunate aspect as stated was the 2 week delay in posting it. Unfortunate that it has only been viewed by less than 1900 people.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Hutty. Nice comments on our efforts have been hard to come by of late. It has been seen by FAR greater numbers than just the views on AR. It has enjoyed a large following on multiple social media platforms and shared on many links other than the hook and bullet crowd.
Expect more projects of this sort from us, all paid for on DSC's budget as part of their efforts to widen our reach and message. An effort approved before the lion crisis by the way.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Well done shared!

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing my friend!

Dave Fulson