New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fred Duckworth LD Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Help! Looking at a LD hunt with Fred Duckworth in C.A.R. His area is the Kosho Drainage and Chinko River area. I have heard good things about Fred.
Anyone out there is cyber space hunted with Fred in this area I would welcome your thoughts.
Fred says success rate very high. He also offers an upgrade in another area for Bongo. Can you really do both on one hunt?
Thanks

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Since no one has stepped forward, I will. I've not hunted with Fred, but I have known him for 25 years and have never heard anyone say anything negative about him. If it were me, and I wanted a bongo and he said I could take one by upgrading a hunt for other game, I'd believe him.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you a Hunting Report member? If not it might be worthwhile joining to research this hunt as there are 5 or 6 reports in there for Fred's hunts. I have met Fred - he seems like a good guy...

Cheers
Matt

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
If you are an SCI member, you also can ask the club to provide you copies of the hunting reports other members have filed about Fred.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
If you are an SCI member, you also can ask the club to provide you copies of the hunting reports other members have filed about Fred.

Bill Quimby
Is that so?? I didnt know that Bill.. who does one ask, do you know??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
It's been almost ten years since I retired, but the hunting reports service used to be managed by the club's record book department, which then was a branch of the publications division that I directed. Write (4800 W. Gates Pass Road, Tucson AZ) or call the club's headquarter at 520/620-1220 and ask the operator. As far as I know, the service is still being offered. Fred Duckworth has been around a long time and there should be a lot of reports on him.

Bill Quimby

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to those that posted, wish there had been a few more Frowner

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote