New
Find
Notify
Tools

Urgent information required.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Could someone give me a link to the CAMPFIRE Project site please. Having trouble finding it on Google, so thought I'd post here whilst I keep searching for it.

Would also appreciate links to sites that have information on sustainable hunting or those that describe how hunting can benefit conservation.

Thank you.

Rustam

Posts: 173 | Location: Bangalore, India. | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
CAMPFIRE used to have website, but that URL has been taken over by someone else. I have been unable to find a current website for them.

Here is the old website:

http://www.campfire-zimbabwe.org/

Here is a Botswana website:

http://www.cbnrm.bw/

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, Terry.

Rustam

Posts: 173 | Location: Bangalore, India. | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you actually want usfull info about CAMPFIRE in Zim or ADMADE in Zambia contact Russel Taylor at WWF - Zimbabwe office

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
If you actually want usfull info about CAMPFIRE in Zim or ADMADE in Zambia contact Russel Taylor at WWF - Zimbabwe office

Would these be internet links? I am writing a small article on the benefits of sustainable hunting as opposed to out-right bans on hunting. Whether or not any newspaper publishes it remains to be seen but I would like to provide links to appropriate sites to emphasise my point. Space is a criteria.

Thanks.

Rustam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try emailing
hkojwang@wwfsarpo.org or
rtaylor@wwf.org.zw

Internet??? In Africa???? This is a third world nation that is trying to be the first to get back to the stone age.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a third world nation that is trying to be the first to get back to the stone age.

LOL.

Thanks.

Rustam

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Do a google search on Clark Lungren Burkina Faso. He's had several articles published about his work in Nazinga Reserve and the drastically increased game populations caused by sport hunting. I've been there, and it is truly amazing.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Here's another one

http://wildlife-programme.gtz.de/wildlife/start.html

Some articles on wildlife

http://wildlife-programme.gtz.de/wildlife/publications.html

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Judge G. and Terry (again).

Much appreciated.

Regards.

Rustam

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Double post.

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I read that Vancover Is. has increased Bear pop
by selective hunting. Thet shoot only the biggest older males. They'er the ones that kill and eat the most cubs. Been very sucessful I'm told.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Thanx for reminding us of that. The same has long been true on Kodiak Island. Try contacting the Alaska Department of Fish and Wildlife. For that matter, try the California DFG. Our black bear population has burgeoned over the last couple of decades even though we take about 10% of them each year.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote