New
Find
Notify
Tools

International Big Game Consultants
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone booked a cape buffalo hunt in tanzania with International Big Game Consultants there web site is www.luxuryhunts.com im planning a 7 day hunt with them. Their booking agents name is Jeff Martinell. What do you guys think.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of them, but their prices look pretty good.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
There has been previous discussion regarding the photo of cape buffalo skulls with the box cars in the background. I don't recall what is was, but it was interesting. Maybe T. Carr of Shakari will remember.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott

Those are ocean frieght container vans that become avaialble for sale once they have outlived there usefulness on ships. Cheap and good storage.

I'd look carefully at what is or is not included on those prices. Who actually is conducting the hunts and where would be even more interesting.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
We had this thread that talked about them some last year.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Charles,

Good memory (or use of the Search function).

Maybe Mark Young can ask Adam, but (to the best of my memory) that photo of the buffalo skulls in front of the shipping container is a VERY OLD photo from Adam Clements. IF memory serves me, one of the guys in the photo is Adam.

Interesting also, how that old thread mentioned Mbabala Safaris and Mozambique.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:
Charles,

Good memory (or use of the Search function).

When I glanced at the web site something made me remember the thread so I searched it out. Now why can't I remember the really important things?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry

I contacted Adam and he said the picture in question is from 2000 when he personally was hunting K1,K2 and L1. Luxury Hunts has been asked not to use this picture.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Thanks, but I think when the issue of the photo came up a while back, Adam was going to ask them to remove the photo. Doesn't look like his request had any results.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

He has asked them to remove the picture twice.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Just FYI, they are also on a website called Bullseye Hunting Consultants or Bullseye Hunts or something like that. Even the hunts described are the same descriptions as Luxury hunts, almost word for word. Someone that worked for them must have "gone off on their own" and started a booking agency. Just too close. There is one other agency that uses the photo also, but I cannot remember it.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Pull up www.wolfswildlife.com
Same photo It's on this site and not Bullseye. Sorry

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along. I guess this just brings up another one of those items that should be discussed with a safari operator or booking agent before laying down your cash. Are the pics in your brochure, website etc. recent and are they even from the areas you currently hunt??????

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com