THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Is regulated trophy hunting in Africa acceptable ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is regulated trophy hunting in Africa acceptable ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is regulated trophy hunting in Africa acceptable? And who should fund conservation in Africa if hunting is banned?

https://forms.gle/xZTXzuhETb6VL8am9

This 12 question survey is part of an international research programme that explores the role of big-game hunting in wildlife conservation in Africa. Regulated hunting can contribute to the conservation effort in Africa, and our survey seeks to determine public opinion on the matter. The survey pertains to large game, viz. animals such as elephant, lion and buffalo.

The survey is anonymous. It is voluntary and you can exit at any time. You need to be older than 18 years. It will take 1-2 minutes to complete.

The work is led by scientists based at the University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa), Liverpool John Moores University (UK), the University of Botswana, Westlake University (China) and the IUCN. Human ethics clearance through LJMU Research Ethics Committee. Questions and/or concerns can be forwarded to Dr Lochran Traill [ email l.w.traill@ljmu.ac.uk ]. Further information on the research programme, and proposed papers can be requested from Dr Traill. There are no funding bodies involved in this work, and no conflict of interest.

Thanks for your time!
Africa acceptable? And who should fund conservation in Africa if hunting is banned?
This 12 question survey is part of an international research programme that explores the role of big-game hunting in wildlife conservation in Africa. Regulated hunting can contribute to the conservation effort in Africa, and our survey seeks to determine public opinion on the matter. The survey pertains to large game, viz. animals such as elephant, lion and buffalo.

The survey is anonymous. It is voluntary and you can exit at any time. You need to be older than 18 years. It will take 1-2 minutes to complete.

The work is led by scientists based at the University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa), Liverpool John Moores University (UK), the University of Botswana, Westlake University (China) and the IUCN. Human ethics clearance through LJMU Research Ethics Committee. Questions and/or concerns can be forwarded to Dr Lochran Traill [ email l.w.traill@ljmu.ac.uk ]. Further information on the research programme, and proposed papers can be requested from Dr Traill. There are no funding bodies involved in this work, and no conflict of interest.

Thanks for your time!

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. It would be great if they will share the survey data with the public.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The survey is complete BULLSHIT.

Built in bias against hunting.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:

Jeff

Not sure that it is mate but gives you the opportunity to have your say.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Jeff

Not sure that it is mate but gives you the opportunity to have your say.

True.

I did.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I completed it. It may pay to let our side of things be heard. Be certain to add some comments about "sustainable use of wildlife in marginal areas of Africa" at the end. To me this is one of our strongest arguments, with the ballooning population growth of Africa, those lands will soon be covered up with people who see animals as a problem to eradicate or protein. Or both!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I filled it out.

But I suspect it's real use will be as a "poll" to show the (uninformed) public does not support trophy hunting and it should be phased out.

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The work is led by scientists

When I see opening statements such as this it puts me off completely.

Posts: 2036 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did it. Not sure what good it will do and I hope it doesn't come back to bite me.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I completed the survey.

I provided some comments and hit send.

so it would be nice to see where it is going.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I asked for a Lion for Christmas. I hope I get it.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jeff

I did not see it that way but you are entitled to your opinion.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Done.... tu2

All should forward the link to their like minded friends.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2812 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I completed the survey

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
But do we know what the results are?

How do we know that the publishers are going to use the survey to tell us that hunting is not acceptable, regardless of the true results?

I am always skeptical of these.

Why should non hunters decide what hunters do?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Westlake University China !!

If correct not surprised the Chinese are interested in the survey data - ivory, rhino horn and lion bones etc !

Chinese involvement is reason enough for me not to participate.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote