Botswana Trophy Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh7h...EO-00001372.mp4?dl=0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37290 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Good morning Lane.

I saw that on Facebook this morning.

As I stated in a thread a couple weeks ago, we on AR are simply engaging in verbal masturbation. We all pretty much agree on the desired outcome. We just disagree on the recipe to get us there.

I had "recruited" several members here to help explain in a respectful manner how conservation through hunting actually works and how if benefits both animals and local populations on another forum.

I would like to thank them all for their efforts. ALL the AR folks remained respectful and never took the bait.

My point is, this message needs to be delivered to rank and file Americans, NOT THE AFRICAN HUNTING demographic.

We have failed to deliver the facts to the right audience. We need to and can do better.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3505 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send it! Share it! I did.

Posts: 42116 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Good morning Lane.

I saw that on Facebook this morning.

As I stated in a thread a couple weeks ago, we on AR are simply engaging in verbal masturbation. We all pretty much agree on the desired outcome. We just disagree on the recipe to get us there.

I had "recruited" several members here to help explain in a respectful manner how conservation through hunting actually works and how if benefits both animals and local populations on another forum.

I would like to thank them all for their efforts. ALL the AR folks remained respectful and never took the bait.

My point is, this message needs to be delivered to rank and file Americans, NOT THE AFRICAN HUNTING demographic.

We have failed to deliver the facts to the right audience. We need to and can do better.

Steve

Agreed Steve.

And that is what I am doing. I just put it on AR to make sure all here had seen it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37290 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Very interesting and informative.

Especially as regards the disparate environmental impacts and financial benefits generated by eco—tourism versus safari hunting tourism.

With safari hunting being far less intrusive and far more beneficial, of course.

Thank you for posting this.

I wish I had more hope that Khama would take heed and reverse his stupid and counterproductive ban.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13551 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve & Lane,
Where is it on Facebook? I'd like to share with some folks.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I got it from a WhatsApp Group. If your on WhatsApp...message me and I will forward it to you.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting, I shared it..

Posts: 3971 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote