New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chasse Libre in Zimbabwe ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have commenced negotiations with friends in southern Zim on behalf of myself and my London based hunting buddy for some self guided hunting and pest reduction in 2014. He has hunted CAR, Somalia and most of Europe. I have been to Southern Africa a number of times over the last 28 years for tourism and hunting and hunted most of my native Australia and also in NZ.

I believe this is still possible to do and have been told there was a post about this some time ago on this forum. We are seasoned hunters, hunting for the experience not the trophys and relish the chance to always learn more about our sport and this great world we live in. Even if we come back with nothing more than memories, photos and sore feet, we will be satisfied at 'having a go'.

We have access to private propertys (plural) possibly including Buffalo, however we may need help with paperwork to bring in our shotguns/rifles and ammo. Are there any locals (Bulawayo based) on here who are experienced in these matters and would be prepared to offer some help ? We can cover all reasonable costs. We feel competant enough to move on from commercial operations, which we have both used in the past

People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf.

one of us
posted Hide Post
few years ago they told me that the only way to hunt without ph in Zimbabawe was to buy a package (bag) in the Nyakasanga safari area trough the auction made in Harare in march ( I think)

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised none of the real experts have replied. FWIW, I think to do what you have in mind would require major bribes and/or some jail time.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless things have recently changed, you can hunt on private property in Zim without a PH. I have done it several times. That included hunts for mant species of plains game, buff, and leopard. You are now required to have a form from a PH to import firearms into Zim though. Not sure how you can get around that. Possibly the land owner can fill out the National Parks form.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are required to have proof of a legal hunt befoe firearms import.

I can sugest people who would facilitate this matter in zim

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In other words, it is not legal.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana, PM sent.

People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
465H&H PM sent.