Find
Notify
Tools

Otjiruze Hunting Farm Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted
Will be making a deposit next week to hunt this place in 2007. The owners name is Barbra Rogl. She has 3 sons who are the PH's, Akexander, Werner and Markus. These folks have 4 family owned farms in central Nambia that they hunt. Also Barbra is the founder and still Chairperson of the Swakoptal Conservancy. They have mostly hosted German clients and I am having some difficulty commuicating with references as I don't speak German. Everything I can find to read is positive about this family relevent to being active and well respected in the guest and hunting farm industry in Namibia.

Just thought I would put out a feeler here on AR in case any of our Namibian members know anything about these folks and their operation.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pls note that govt is going after farmers with more than one farm...it offends their sense of equality that one white person owns several farms while hundreds of thousands of black people don't own any land at all.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very good operation I can recommend any time.
Barbara is running a first class Lodge and her sons Alex, Markus and Werner are doing their part of it. If you have any special questiones you are welcome to PM me.

Russ, you can be sure that the Rogls wouldn't have bought another farm (Schenckswerder) recently if their chances of exproprioation were realistic!

Regs K

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
quote:
kamaatu

kamaatu, thanks for the positive response. Your comments are what I have been getting from all sources. The Rogl's appear to be first class people and I'm looking forward to hunting with them.