New
Find
Notify
Tools

Malaria Vaccine!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68805 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is great news as long as Bill Gates is not involved and that is not mRNA like the worthless COVID jab.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
This is world-changing news and should be getting more attention.

It is also something the UN should get behind in a big way.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13677 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news for our species. Shameful that so many babies are still being taken by malaria.
However we can only hope that the more certain survival of their children results in smaller African families as has happened in richer nations. The prospect of even faster human population growth in Africa doesn't leave much room for other species. The next step has to be improved education of girls as that is the one thing that really controls family size. Educating boys seems to make little difference.

Posts: 375 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it's true, it will be the end of African hunting as we know it if not totally. It may be the end of our species.

Posts: 10388 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
If it's true, it will be the end of African hunting as we know it if not totally. It may be the end of our species.

Why??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68805 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Why??

Population explosion leading to land expansion for farming, habitation, etc. might be a determining factor.

It has already started in open land in some parts of Africa.
Tanzania would be a good example.

Posts: 2047 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call me crazy but I prefer education and birth control over malaria as the solution to that problem.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I'll defer to Fulvio, he said it better than I could. Michael, good luck with that. I shared a camp with about 50 soldiers and game scouts during a hunt in 2013. They were doing a joint anti-poaching operation. The joint forces found two women in bed together and beat the hell our of them. Thy found a married couple with condoms and asked why they needed condoms if they were married. The woman told them they used them when they had sex when she was having her period. They found that disgusting and beat the hell out of them.

You are talking ideal and I'm talking reality.

Posts: 10388 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed,

I'll defer to Fulvio, he said it better than I could. Michael, good luck with that. I shared a camp with about 50 soldiers and game scouts during a hunt in 2013. They were doing a joint anti-poaching operation. The joint forces found two women in bed together and beat the hell our of them. Thy found a married couple with condoms and asked why they needed condoms if they were married. The woman told them they used them when they had sex when she was having her period. They found that disgusting and beat the hell out of them.

You are talking ideal and I'm talking reality.

Please, PLEASE, do not mention REALITY!

EDUCATION is the key.

Not just in Africa!

Some of things going on in the West and America defy ANY reality and common sense!

Saving people from dying from a disease benefits us all.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I The W.H.O. is involved DON'T GET IT!!! They are putting Spike Proteins in The Flu Shot!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Tse Tse’s and Malaria have been a bulwark against the destruction of flora and fauna of Africa for centuries. Don’t give me the education crap. Money is all that matters these days…particularly when you don’t have it.

Posts: 3534 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
As long as they don't need a booster every 6 months.....

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poor old Slider! His face isn't disfigured by smallpox, his legs aren't crippled with polio, his lungs aren't choked with TB but he still doesn't believe in vaccination!
I've had 6 covid jabs so far, plus flu vaccination every year and I'm perfectly happy to go on having them every 6 months if necessary if I can avoid the very nasty death some of my acquaintances suffered from covid. Slider probably thinks Bill Gates is watching me. Well, if he is he must be pretty bored by now.

Posts: 375 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now Biden has covid. Certain he has had all his shots.

Formally Bwana1.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Pom:
Poor old Slider! His face isn't disfigured by smallpox, his legs aren't crippled with polio, his lungs aren't choked with TB but he still doesn't believe in vaccination!
I've had 6 covid jabs so far, plus flu vaccination every year and I'm perfectly happy to go on having them every 6 months if necessary if I can avoid the very nasty death some of my acquaintances suffered from covid. Slider probably thinks Bill Gates is watching me. Well, if he is he must be pretty bored by now.

Hear, hear. I suppose if I was 20-30 years old and in perfect health I wouldn’t get vaccinated for various diseases- although my medical training tells me otherwise……. But I’m 76 and my immune system needs all the help it can get, especially since I’ve survived 2 bouts of stage 4 non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I’ve had all the COVID jabs and when another comes along, I’ll get it too.And, BTW, I haven’t sprouted any horns, grown another leg, or been reduced to a blubbering idiot… coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13473 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

You ask me to ignore reality.

I agree that education is key, but we've tried to educate Africans about AIDS for decades. We can try to educate them about LBQ and whatever the other initials are, but it won't work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's reality.

And reality is if the African population explodes, we won't have anyplace to hunt.

I can't ignore reality.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed,

You ask me to ignore reality.

I agree that education is key, but we've tried to educate Africans about AIDS for decades. We can try to educate them about LBQ and whatever the other initials are, but it won't work.

You have already failed education at home.

Try to remedy that!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brec:

I don't believe the Covid shots are actual vaccines, in the true sense of the term. I believe they're actually therapeutics to lessen the effects of having Covid. Even though they are commonly referred to as vaccines.

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Education as a general matter is no guarantee that common sense will be the result.

I have met more educated nitwits than I care to recall.

But education about and the practice of birth control, especially among women, is a policy that has been proven to work.

In any case, it is a better policy than allowing hundreds of thousands upon thousands of children to die of malaria each year.

None of us should disagree with that.

Thank God for this vaccine.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gsganzer:
quote:
Originally posted by Brec:

I don't believe the Covid shots are actual vaccines, in the true sense of the term. I believe they're actually therapeutics to lessen the effects of having Covid. Even though they are commonly referred to as vaccines.

It seems the people who have taken these 'therapies' keep getting covid over and over again. I know plenty of them! I also know several who have had vaxx injury (some died). Talk about resentment and believing in the system. Anyway, good luck.

~Ann

Posts: 19566 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I know people here who have become sick, and remain sick because of the vaccine!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Some of you simply amaze me. You speak in terms suggesting that if it takes malaria, trypanosomiasis, HIV and other fatal diseases to keep areas open for hunting you are fine with that. Talk about some screwed up priorities.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Some of you simply amaze me. You speak in terms suggesting that if it takes malaria, trypanosomiasis, HIV and other fatal diseases to keep areas open for hunting you are fine with that. Talk about some screwed up priorities.

I have to agree with Mike on this one. I love hunting and especially African hunting. It crosses my mind every hour of the time I'm awake and often in my dreams. One of my primary financial motivations is to make enough money to go back on another safari.

That said, there is no equivocation between a hobby and solving the scourges of a disease that's responsible for killing more people, especially babies, than all other causes combined.

Education IS the answer. On my last hunt in Zim this past October, we took a portable Starlink to camp with us. I was struck by the potential impact this new internet system can bring to remote areas of the continent, and other areas, that have heretofore been without access to information and advanced education.

I see the Malaria vax, combined with potential new access to information (education), as being an absolute positive for the human existence.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

I have to agree with Mike on this one. I love hunting and especially African hunting. It crosses my mind every hour of the time I'm awake and often in my dreams. One of my primary financial motivations is to make enough money to go back on another safari.

That said, there is no equivocation between a hobby and solving the scourges of a disease that's responsible for killing more people, especially babies, than all other causes combined.

Education IS the answer. On my last hunt in Zim this past October, we took a portable Starlink to camp with us. I was struck by the potential impact this new internet system can bring to remote areas of the continent, and other areas, that have heretofore been without access to information and advanced education.

I see the Malaria vax, combined with potential new access to information (education), as being an absolute positive for the human existence.

Todd -

Hope you're well.

To your Starlink point. I was on a trip up the Trombetas River in Brazil last year. We were 4 days up river away from the nearest fishing operation. The fishing was unbelievably. We were catching BIG Thyrorus Peacaocks in every place that looked like there should be one. Average fish was 12#. Record for that species is 14.

Anyway. The outfitter told us he needed to "go to the local village and use their WiFi". It was around lunch so Ralph and I rode with him.

This village was literally 3-4 structures, typical South American construction of all local materials. Perhaps 15-20 people lived there. They had Satellite internet, solar powered.

I face-timed my wife from there. The possibilities of global internet coverage is truly intriguing. It will save lives and make life's better, everywhere.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3561 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
World is changing so fast with technology it’s scary

Posts: 317 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M.Shy:

Change is good.

Trouble ism we are allowing it to be used for nefarious reasons, and not doing anything about it.

All because a few benefit from this!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M.Shy:

When a new vaccine is discovered, Africa always seems to be a convenient testing ground to prove its efficacy.

How about fine-tuning methods of eradicating the mosquito and tsetse fly instead of experimenting on people with new unproven vaccines?
Zanzibar seems to have done well with that venture as it declares itself today as a malaria-free zone.

DDT was an insecticide that that did what it was designed to do but the health authorities later declared it a noxious substance and had it banned only to be substituted by chemicals produced in a laboratory.

Enter the mosquito net education program which raked in $$$ for the manufacturers and the UN Agencies; the nets are still being used though it wasn't much of a discovery because they had been introduced during colonial times, well before some bright spark "re-discovered" them.

The disease that has made a comeback which in many cases is being wrongly diagnosed as malaria is Dengue Fever.

Last but not least and possibly a crucial part of the problem is that locals do not follow the proper use of the prescribed medications to cure malaria, e.g. half the dose will quell it and they feel fine so they keep the other half for a "rainy day".

Posts: 2047 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God, in his infinite wisdom, seems to keep things in check. Fulvio obviously understands the African mind better than any of us could.

If we eliminate the tsetse fly, there will be cattle all over Arica and that will be the end to hunting. As great as it sounds to eliminate malaria, if we do, the population explosion will be a disaster for both game and humans in the end.

If that makes me seem harsh, I apologize.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good read is the book "Factfullness" by Hans Rosling that was published in 2018 a year after he passed away.
A couple of points from the book
- even educated people know very little about the world at large
- in terms of poverty, hunger and life expectancy the world is much better place than 50 years ago
- no continent can escape the statistics. Not even Africa although it is on a different time line than the other continents.
- population growth in Africa is regionally already slowing down and will continue to do so
- the internet and mobile phones play an extremely important role in that, it places information ie. education in the palms of people
- the most important subgroup of people that need information is young woman as they control the reproductive rate
- the big trend in Africa that we are already seeing is massive urbanisation which will lead to a concomitant decrease in population growth

There is obviously a truck load of political, social and economical problems in Africa, but what is good about Africa.
- it has managed to get into the 21st century without the total destruction of it's game species
- many countries have showed positive conservation efforts and it would be interesting to know if the acreage under some form of formal protection albeit government or private sector is growing. I suspect it is.

I think (and hope) that there will be good hunting in Africa in the future although it will probably evolve in ways we can't predict.

Posts: 406 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote