New
Find
Notify
Tools

Native African Hunting
 Login/Join

posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxPtb397Dxc

I do not know whether this has been posted on here before but it is quite amazing to see how these guys hunt dangerous game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That footage comes from a movie called "Africa Addio" which is a controversial film to say the least.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rxgremlin:
That footage comes from a movie called "Africa Addio" which is a controversial film to say the least.

Would it be controversial because of the truth or simply because some people do not want to accept the truth?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Would it be controversial because of the truth or simply because some the majority of people do not want to accept the truth?

tu2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36651 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Controversial because they were herd spearing buffalo?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The video goes give a perspective to our mental masterbation about solids vs soft. what premium solid to use to penetrate an elephant's skull for a brain shot. That fellow's spear dropped the elephant on its ass. Wonder if it's a solid tipped spear or maybe it was a soft tipped spear. Did he chrono the speed of his throw to at least 2100 ft/sec?

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
stir jumping

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

Would it be controversial because of the truth or simply because some people do not want to accept the truth?

Well said!

Definitely going to look for this film...this is the REAL DEAL tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can find it on YouTube, Amazon or Netflix

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

RIGHT ON tu2
Thanks!!!

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many times a Buff or a Elle is charging them? Big Grin

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
This is a great movie to show to the Liberal anti hunting , bunny huggers. It really serves 2 purposes.
Firstly the full movie shows far more than traditional hunting , but shows the devastation caused during the violent transition in many African countries from colonial colonies to " free " African countries. This transition was applauded by liberals all over the world , turning a blind eye to the carnage , with some liberal European countries ( and of course the commies ) even supporting the rebels with arms and supplies.

The traditional hunting should not shock these Liberal tree huggers either , as it is no more savage than a pack of African wild dogs tearing a zebra fowl to pieces or a pride of lions starting to feed on their kill before its dead. As this hunting is being conducted by the natives themselves , it is also very politically correct.

Its a great movie , and puts us modern hunters in a great light. Now tell the antis that....

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most distasteful. Everyone knows that sport hunting is bloody-aweful and hunting by natives is "acceptable." This film is "rather uncomfortable." You mean the animals suffer if an African kills them with a spear? I thought they only suffered if killed by a bullet.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK

I can't stand the suspense:

In what countries can we hunt Native Africans and what are the trophy fees like?

sofa

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Late-Bloomer:
quote:

RIGHT ON tu2
Thanks!!!

I really like this film(the original version). What I find most interesting is the fact that everyone seems to be able to make this footage fit their agenda. Honestly I can't believe how many people miss the irony that is laced throughout the film. Just beware that it is best watched while keeping in mind that the film makers were not shooting a documentary and their techniques were considered revolutionary and are now standard in the mainstream TV news(not a compliment, IMO).

Also beware that the original was fairly balanced between breathtaking cinematography and truly disgusting gore. The edited versions leave out most(or all) of the breathtaking cinematography and are noting but gore. One of these versions is accurately titled "Africa Blood and Guts".

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txlonghorn:
The video goes give a perspective to our mental masterbation about solids vs soft. what premium solid to use to penetrate an elephant's skull for a brain shot. That fellow's spear dropped the elephant on its ass. Wonder if it's a solid tipped spear or maybe it was a soft tipped spear. Did he chrono the speed of his throw to at least 2100 ft/sec?

I'm not sure if you are joking... But if you look at the film it is clear that the kill shot was delivered with a rifle. Did you see the camera shake from the concussion?

Like most of the action in this film, this was a set-up scene.

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason
I'm joking. As modern sportsmen we strive to acheive a quick, humnane kill on our quarry. That means using the best technology have to offer. There are times though, the discussion does seem to go on and on when some options have been field proven to be adequate are discounted for other more modern options. Sometimes dead is dead, can't be any deader

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jan Dumon:
This is a great movie to show to the Liberal anti hunting , bunny huggers. It really serves 2 purposes.
Firstly the full movie shows far more than traditional hunting , but shows the devastation caused during the violent transition in many African countries from colonial colonies to " free " African countries. This transition was applauded by liberals all over the world , turning a blind eye to the carnage , with some liberal European countries ( and of course the commies ) even supporting the rebels with arms and supplies.

The traditional hunting should not shock these Liberal tree huggers either , as it is no more savage than a pack of African wild dogs tearing a zebra fowl to pieces or a pride of lions starting to feed on their kill before its dead. As this hunting is being conducted by the natives themselves , it is also very politically correct.

Its a great movie , and puts us modern hunters in a great light. Now tell the antis that....

tu2 Well said Jan

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txlonghorn:
the discussion does seem to go on and on when some options have been field proven to be adequate are discounted for other more modern options. Sometimes dead is dead, can't be any deader

I agree 110%

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen the clip before and could only view it with a limited perspective without having the context provided for within the movie.

Here is a link with English subtitles to the full movie. I find that when trying to watch the on Youtube that the subtitles do not show.

The "hunting" scene begins at 39:45. Can't say that I have ever seen video of meat hunting using two jeeps and a rope.... Eeker

Africa Addio "Farewell Africa" (English Subtitles)

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/africa-addio/

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE

.... Can't say that I have ever seen video of meat hunting using two jeeps and a rope.... [/QUOTE]

I think the idea was to cripple as many as possible then pop them off one by one. In all likelihood there must have been more vehicles involved (though not seen) following behind.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Was this not a film exampling the lawlessness taking place during some political strife? These animals were in a national park. Possibly Rwanda or Uganda?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Watched first 70 min's so far. Very telling...

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walking buffalo:
I've seen the clip before and could only view it with a limited perspective without having the context provided for within the movie.

Here is a link with English subtitles to the full movie. I find that when trying to watch the on Youtube that the subtitles do not show.

The "hunting" scene begins at 39:45. Can't say that I have ever seen video of meat hunting using two jeeps and a rope.... Eeker

Africa Addio "Farewell Africa" (English Subtitles)

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/africa-addio/

Thanks for the link tu2

One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
Gives new meaning to "death by a thousand cuts" especially the hippo clip.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote