New
Find
Notify
Tools

Countdown has begun....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
4 weeks from tomorrow morning I wing away to Zambia for 15 days of hunting with Johnny DuPlooy. Leopard and buff along with puku, Chobe bushbuck, bush pig and probably a hippo are on the menu. The time has sure passed fast but at least THIS time all is in order on my part. Just finalizing the loads for the 450/400...the 404 jeff is already set.
Not looking forward to the lovely 18+ hour flight to Joburg...but until the time machine is perfected, no other way to do it.
Don't know if anyone else is traveling over on the SA flight out of Dulles on the 23rd, but if you are, it will be worth at least one beer if you are...my treat.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be looking forward to your report. I'm going next July and will probably be bringing a 404 Jeff.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary,

Your in for a real treat.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Gary good luck. You have not mentioned the area you will be hunting but I presume that it will be Chanjuzi, if this is the case it should be a walk in the park for the animals that you are going to hunt.

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahmed...yes, you are correct...sorry...I will be in the Chanjuzi area.
Mark...thanks....I'm going to make Johnny do a bit of walking Wink. Many thanks to you and the staff of Adam Clements for your help with this trip. Jamie has been absolutely awesome handling the paperwork, etc. Obviously as the time gets nearer, the anxiousness grows greatly! Its been 2 years since I last chased buff...that trip in Zim... and as you know, Mr. Spots is VERY high on the list.

Thanks again.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary,
I woulda taken you up on that beer, but I'll be a few days ahead of ya on the flight to J'burg..I'm leaving out on the 18th..

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scootyboy.....too bad...I need to find someone to have a beer with!

Best of luck....have a safe and sucessful hunt.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Gary. I'm coming in right after you, save some for me Wink

Cheers,
Andy

one of us
posted Hide Post
One or two at least, right Andy? Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish that I could have that beer with you because that would mean that I was on my way back to Africa. Oh well, that will have to wait until next year. I hope that you have a great trip.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
Scootyboy.....too bad...I need to find someone to have a beer with!

Best of luck....have a safe and sucessful hunt.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Oh well if you realy need a Beer mate you could alway shout me a ticket over and Ill get the Beer.. Big Grin
Ill even sort out a couple Amarulas on the rocks to finish up with.
Cheers,
Ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All of the offers are too kind! Thanks, gents.

Doug, buddy...I wish you were headed over too...we'd have a great time. But I'll be jealous next year when you head out to Tanz. We need to sort out an elephant trip for 2010...put that Searcy to good use.
Hope all is well with you and the family.

Take care....Suzi says Hi.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck, have a great hunt and a safe journey. And most importantly, post a hunt report with plenty of pictures upon your return so those of us not going to Africa this year can live the experience thru you.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do David....I have lived vicariously for the last 2 years....I'll be sure and post a good report.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary,

Elephant in 2010 sounds interesting. What did you have in mind?

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet Doug.....but I could get something in my mind! You still have your '09 Tanz trip right? I think I'm coming to Dallas again in January for the show.....maybe we should look into something Cool. I'll be in touch when I get Zambia under my belt.
Hope all is well....we'll talk soon.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Have a great hunt! Looking forward to seeing your report!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rusty.....yes, I'll post a full report with pics. Gonna see what the 'ol standby's, 404 and 450-400, can do to those critters.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary,

I am still headed to Tanzania and haven't thought as far as 2010, but I certainly could be tempted. I even mentioned the possibility to my wife and the fact that I lived to write this means that she has given her approval. If you are serious we should talk.

Doug

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Gary and Andy- I knowyou will have a GREAT hunt! Say hi to Johnny and Laura for me and of course Alister if you see him. Johnny and Laura have a new baby so please tell them congrats! Am looking forward to your pics and hunt report once you get back. Be ready for some really hot days!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, John....was wondering when you might chime in. I flat told Johnny I am not sleeping in the tent with the baby....went thru that on my own 20 years ago...no more! Obviously I'm kidding....although I understand that Laura was headed into the bush for some time just before I get there. It's been 92-95 here in Central Florida with humidity running about 90%....Zambia might be a pleasant change.
Will say hi to all for you.
Doug....you have crossed the first hurdle....the wife didn't test the Searcy out on you! I AM serious, but certainly want to look at what would be available for us...and where. I think you and I would have an awesome time. We'll chat.

Take care.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC