Find
Notify
Tools

OT but CONGRATS to SBT!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted
My buddy SBT just got promoted to Police Chief in Jackson WY. Way to go Scottie Boy! Now you can buy our tickets to Tanzania!! Does this mean I can't drink in front of you?

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks John, it is a proud but humbling moment, even if it is only as interim chief.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Guy!

Have very much enjoyed our trips through Jackson on they way to/from Elk hunting. Nice place ... especially when the tourists leave ;>Wink

Good to know it's well taken care of.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From a 20 year cop in Georgia, congratulations Chief!!!!! I just made Captain and was promoted to chief investigator last month. Didn't take me long to find out that s**t rolls uphill too.

Be safe

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
From the Mayor of Wyoming to the new chief in Jackson, Wy. congratulations...

the best,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Scott! Does this mean no more night shift with big game roaming the steets of Jackson?

Hey, let me know if you all are hiring latent print examiners. I'd love to get west of the Mississippi! wave

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the promotion. I enjoyed meeting you and your wife in Dallas. I know Pierre and Ray will do you right in Tanzania. I look forward to reading about the adventures.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, I've got this parking ticket...

Congratulations! Tell the wife hello for me!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Sir!

How's the house coming . . . you should be able to afford it now!!!

I love Jackson, Wy. It's a beautiful town! You should be proud.

C ya!

JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mstarling:
Congrats Guy!

Have very much enjoyed our trips through Jackson on they way to/from Elk hunting. Nice place ... especially when the tourists leave ;>Wink

Good to know it's well taken care of.

I hunt Elk near there too. An Outfitter I know owns a Bg Guide Territory about 60 miles North of Jackson. It is really nice once he stops the EcoTourists from the Summer.Smiler

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
SBT & 30ott6:

Congrats to SBT! I was just in Jackson and Cody for the first time in conjuction with a visit to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Nice towns and great country!

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to SBT. Well done. Good to see the good guys winning.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh...any chance I might get a "get outa jail" free pass now? Big Grin
Fellow AR member, pal etc!
Atta Boy SBT!!!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SBT and 30ott6 ----- Congrats on the promotion, and good luck on your hunt, tell Pierr'e I said hello. I enjoyed our visit in Dallas, your wifes certainly added class to the crowd, considering Judge G, 1115, Frank, Retreever, Ray, Pierr'e, Rusty, Rich Elliot, others I cannot recall and myself. I have climbed out of Jackson several times with my kids, if I return I will look you up to say hi. beer Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats SBT!

I'd be glad to buy the Chief a beer to celebrate... and I'm sure we could talk about Africa a bit too!

FIre Support Team

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote