THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Suggestions for Outfits with Huge Kudu and Bloody Big Bushbuck.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for Outfits with Huge Kudu and Bloody Big Bushbuck.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm trying to squeeze in another PG hunt next year and want to hunt two of my favorite quarry, Kudu and Bushbuck.

I've shot them before obviously and have good trophies ; so I don't want to shoot inferior animals.

Who would you guys recommend? I know Charl at Infinito has big Kudu, but anyone else out there? I want a top class outfit with good game and gear.

I was thinking Limpopo area in RSA would get me both?.. And I was thinking early June to get the Kudu during the rut.

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Hey try Jaco hurst at Matswane safaris !we always get wery good kudu 53-57 and wery good bushbuck 15-18 at his place in Limpopo i have shoot 3 bushbuck over 16 inc at his place dancing

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Donner,

Sounds interesting and thanks for the quick reply mate. thumb

Bloody nice bushbuck, I love those little bastards. Big Grin

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I was going to send a hunter with those specific animals in mind then I would send him to Hannes Swanepoel who hunts in the Elisras and Kruger Park area of RSA...He has consistantly gotten big Kudu and Bushbuck and huge warthogs for me and my clientele...But I would not make a guarentee on any fair chase hunt...

Interestingly enough I visited some breeding farms in RSA a couple of years ago and got to look at some real monster Sable and Kudu..They were beautiful animals and being sold as breeding stock, and being used to transfuse their own herd that roamed free on a high fenced 150,000 hector or acre (?) ranch..It was quite an operation and a very interesting trip.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Blair the biggest kudu in the world is found in the Lydenburg Burgersfort area. Speak to Luan he has monsters walking at his place he shot 5 over 60" biggest of 65"

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blair338/378:
I'm trying to squeeze in aother PG hunt next year and want to hunt two of my favorite quarry, Kudu and Bushbuck.

Who would you guys recommend? I know Charl at Infinito has big Kudu, but anyone else out there? I want a top class outfit with good game and gear..

I've been with Charl, and he has big Kudu and runs a first class ship.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375 fanatic:
Blair the biggest kudu in the world is found in the Lydenburg Burgersfort area. Speak to Luan he has monsters walking at his place he shot 5 over 60" biggest of 65"

I'll second that........ the phrase that springs to mind is something like mucking fonsters! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine was in limpopo in july hunting with matla mamba safaris for his 5 time. He killed a 60 inch kudu with 14-15 inch bases, I saw the pic, this thing is a beast! I've never hunted africa personally, but going by his stories, 60 inchers aren't easy to come by. He's killed a couple nice bushbucks as well. I don't know about size though. Good luck in your quest!

Posts: 206 | Location: nicholasville, KY | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dirk de bod in Namibia has some huge kudu holding 3 of the top ten in Namibia. He gets several 60+ per year... Kudu is also kinda his thing.

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
John Sharp. I myself shot a 58 1/2" kudu and a 15 1/2" bushbuck. This year one of his clients shot a 60 incher. Beautiful camp on the Lowveldt. He has a great website. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blair, check your PM.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
If you want big Kudu and Bushbuck check out Roger Whittall Safaris website(Zimbabwe). Humani is a great hunting area which is constantly producing great Kudu and Bushbuck.

Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
mike@miketaylorsporting.co.uk

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 704 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all the replies and advice. thumb

I'll look at everyone you have recommended.

Blair.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miketaylor:
If you want big Kudu and Bushbuck check out Roger Whittall Safaris website(Zimbabwe). Humani is a great hunting area which is constantly producing great Kudu and Bushbuck.

Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
mike@miketaylorsporting.co.uk

Roger is a great option and has had many Aus clients.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Adam.

Blair.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am of the opine that big Kudu, big buffalo and most of the rest of that stuff is like gold, it just happend to be where you find it.

I can't tell you how many times I have hunted in the best of famous country for certain animals and never even saw a rabbit, or how many good heads I have shot where the were not supposed to be.

shocker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think like Ray, big kudu are like big whitetails, they can be anywhere. I've been lucky, fired one shot at a kudu and have a 55.5 incher on the wall.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I am of the opine that big Kudu, big buffalo and most of the rest of that stuff is like gold, it just happend to be where you find it.

I can't tell you how many times I have hunted in the best of famous country for certain animals and never even saw a rabbit, or how many good heads I have shot where the were not supposed to be.

shocker

Ray,

Sure seems to be the case.

I was on a concession with Mike Kibble last month hunting for Blue Wildbeest. The concession owner had told Mike's contract PH'S only the previous week that kudu were not to be taken, as rabies had decimated his herd.

Well a 60" bull stood at 125 yards for 15 minutes while I tried to convince Mike we could do a deal with the owner. We didn't shoot him, Mike's ethics withstood my harangue and when we got back and told the owner, he said "that doesn't apply to you Mike!" Eeker

I thought Kibble was going to have a coronary on the spot.......he cried in his malt whisky that night; reckoned it was the biggest bull he'd seen in 2 years. Big Grin

Needless to say, two and half days of looking, never turned that bull up again...............

Blair.