New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Back from Namibia!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Lorenzo !!!My Great Friend !!! I got back from Namibia about two days ago and have had a terrible time getting my nasty computer to work !!! Just now .... Finally !!! Namibia was a blast !!! Non stop laughter ... just the right amount of danger .. (my driving the green warthog... mostly..) and a million laughs .. actually mostly non stop laughing .. and what can be better in game country with good amigos ... ??? Margaret whacked a running warthog and her kudu after you left ... We'll do it again ... very soon ....

Posts: 168 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hi Richard!!!
I forgot to tell everyone here that you have a lapsus were you feel Michael Schumaher in the green warthog and you leave behind in the road a couple of uruguayans....

I have had some problems with Hunt101 and I'm not able to post pictures, maybe you can do it??

Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,
Just back from an incredible trip with my hunting buddies mario and Daniel Gastan (brothers), Richard Powell and Phil Pittman.

I fell in love with Namibia since the very first moment. The country is beatiful, I imagine it will be more flat and open, but near Kamajab area is mostly rocky hills and plenty of thornbush. Last year I was able to hunt RSA and Botswana, both very beatiful places but to be honest, to those who haven't been there yet, I highly reccomend Namibia for your next trip.

We where camping in Christie de Souza's property, great people and great area, with plenty of game. We have a great time every single day and plenty of laughs around the fire at night.

Between the three uruguayans we shot:
3 kudu
2 gemsbok
1 steinbok
1 zebra
1 chacal
1 baboon
1 giraffe
1 warthog
and with the shotgun some guinea fowls, sandgrouses and one bat

Except for the giraffe that we used a 416 rigby, the rest of the game was shot with Richard's wildcat 8mm-338wm left hand with 200 grains partitions. Deadly caliber and near all the game shooted was one shot kill.

The weather was cold at night and early in the morning and very hot at midday with no mozzies around.

I only know a few african countries but Namibia is now high in my list, very friendly, plenty of game and plenty of bush. The camp was 15 kilometres from a town called Kamanjab so now and then we went for fresh supplies in our old jeep called "the green warthog".

Thanks Richard, it's a trip we will never forget.

I will try to post some pictures this week.

I've just arrived and I'm already missing that dry air, the incredible sunsets and that red dust everywhere...

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your hunt. My son and I got back about 3 weeks ago, and I'm already itching to go back. We were also near Kamanjab, bordering the highway to the south of the village. Great county, interesting terrain, and challenging hunting. Looking forward to your photos. bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Congrats Lorenzo! Sounds like a wonderful time. Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

Looking forward to some of Richard's stories too!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, 34 days to go till hunt with Vaughan. Lets see some pictures.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a good trip. Namibia is on my future list of places to hunt. I would love to hunt a bit in the Kalahari. Did you have any rpoblems getting a wildcat rifle/ammo thru customs? I have a .338x74Keith that would be perfect for open plains hunting.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Lorenzo.

I drove through Kamanjab several times last month. If it wasn't for the gas station (run by a highway robber, or so it seemed), I don't think anyone would ever stop.

Sounds like a great time, but I thought you were going to take a 9.3?

Anyway, the 8mm/.338 seems like it did the trick. How about showing us some photos?

I also was very favorably impressed with Namibia and will definitely be going back there soon.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations; sounds like you had a lot of fun, and friends to share it with makes it better.

Here I was just getting over the withdrawal from my trip last month, and now I'm gonna have to look at all of my pictures and video all over. Darn!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!!
Honestly, before going to Namibia I don't know the place was so incredible. Now I feel like the fisherman that don't want to share his new secret stream but it will not be honest from my part considering all the help I've received from this Forum, so my advice is: GO TO NAMIBIA !!!

But leave something for me and don't crowd too much those lovely red dirt roads

LG

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG, Lorenzo!

Sound like a good time was had by all!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote