New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dries Visser Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After three trips to Zim I am considering Dries Visser Safaris for a 2018 trip for sable and other plains game and taking my wife to Africa for the first time. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been with them, either on open forum or PM. Thanks.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 488 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Dries (snr) has been in the business for a very long time and nowadays focuses mainly on game breeding. His son Dries jr has been running the hunting part of the business for the last several years. One of the reckoned bow hunting outfits in RSA. You wont make a mistake hunting with them.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with Dries twice (2011 and 2014) and had a great time during both hunts. Communication with Dries Jr. was excellent prior to both trips...saw a good number of animals...great PHs both trips...accommodation was very comfortable. PM if you have questions about specific things.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Most Hunting in S.A. is High Fenced if that matters to you?

Posts: 2681 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drj:
After three trips to Zim I am considering Dries Visser Safaris for a 2018 trip for sable and other plains game and taking my wife to Africa for the first time. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been with them, either on open forum or PM. Thanks.

I hunted buffalo with Dries in 1998 when he operated a concession in Zambia. The area had been heavily poached and we needed to work hard to get onto good bulls. I found Dries to be excellent. Definitely one of the best guides I have used.

Posts: 426 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
PM sent

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted with Jr in 2004....WOW, how time flies! Was my first trip to Africa. A great trip. Bow hunted.

Food.. excellent
Housing..excellent
PH (his cousin)..excellent and knowledgeable
Animals..numbers/quality..excellent

Feel free to PM me and questions...

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
I answered your PM...sorry it took so long, I didn't notice I had one!

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote