New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contact SCI
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks I have decided to once again voice my displeasure with the upper echelon at SCI. I support the organizations purported goals but at the present time am so angry that I think action is needed. I believe we should all contact SCI International and voice our displeasure with the organizations past support and involvement with Dawie and the rest of the OOA thugs. I also think we should ask for the resignation of Kevin Anderson and anyone else having anything to do with facilitating any of this. I would ask that nonmembers and NGO's as well as members apply pressure and contact them as well.
Michael Smith
SCI Lifemember

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can we get any emails etc.? I am not a SCI member but I agree with your suggestions.

Posts: 28 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 20 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Why is SCI so powerful & untouchable? I have tried to ask this question before and have got no replies.

I am sure they have big time political connections.

Do they have some mob connections? Are some of their inner circle members involved in mob businesses like construction, concreting etc???

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
good luck, just shut up and send the money like you always do, slaves. Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have e mailed them about OOA and Usangu. Never got a response. I am a life member.

What happened to Marc (Moja) contacting them? he got a bunch of our member numbers.

Posts: 12019 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
The very best thing that could happen would be an investigative expose' by the national media. All of the emails and writing by us common folk life members just falls on deaf ears. Believe me, I've tried before and just been either totally ignored or rebuffed. I agree about the resignation of Kevin Anderson. He's a total and complete pud.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you missed the fact that I am a life member of SCI and support them in a lot of ways.

As far as assuming that the president elect is involved with OOA because they are a client.
shocker
Really? First he has a long standing relationship with them and it isnt just atty/client.
Second, It dosnt matter if we can prove he is guilty or innocent. Regardless of what I may think personally about the guy it makes a difference.. What is important is that any hint of impropriety is or should be enough for someone to do the right thing and step down. Just the association with these guys is enough to damage the organization and the good things and people associated with it.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Smith:
Maybe you missed the fact that I am a life member of SCI and support them in a lot of ways.

As far as assuming that the president elect is involved with OOA because they are a client.
shocker
Really? First he has a long standing relationship with them and it isnt just atty/client.
Second, It dosnt matter if we can prove he is guilty or innocent. Regardless of what I may think personally about the guy it makes a difference.. What is important is that any hint of impropriety is or should be enough for someone to do the right thing and step down. Just the association with these guys is enough to damage the organization and the good things and people associated with it.

Mike,

I apploud what you are trying to do.
But, I suspect you will not get anywhere with SCI.

They have proven time and again, they do not like criticism, no matter how well it is founded.

People in Africa call SCI "The Banana Republic", and I think the name seems to fit.

I remember reading in a book published many years ago, by Hugo Sia, in which he mentioned that certain SCI bigwigs have been using illegal means of hunting to get their so called "gold medal" trophies.

That seems not have changed, as we still hear of SCI bigwigs doing precisely the same thing in many different countries.

And for what?

Just to satisfy their own egos, claiming how hard they have hunted for that particular trophy.

Drastic changes need to be made at SCI, otherwise all I can see is that they getting lower and lower in the estmation of hunters worldwide.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67410 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, your heart is in the right place on this matter.
You are well informed of the problems with OoA-
for years now, SCI has protected OoA dirtbags.
for short list,
--SCI knows very well that an on going Federal fish & wildlife investigation on OoA
---average of 20 or more complaints/year to there ethics board from hunters
--Dawie kicked out of PHASA in 2005 for illegal activities in Zim !

etc... list could go on & on
Mike, you have known about all of this for years and you know that SCI hasn't done a damn thing other than protect and aid OoA in their preying on SCI members

what are the chances of SCI doing shit now????
Kevin has been there legal aid (and likely partner) for many years-------do you really thing Kevin wil resign?? coffee
Best of luck to you------I will email SCI but I am not holding my breath

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
I washed my hands of SCI a few years ago.

If a considerable number of members did the same, it would undoubtedly create a larger wave than an e-mail campaign. Hitting them where it hurts (their pocket) would most assuredly get their full and undivided attention.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Wink +1
Also did this a few years ago.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's see?? At $55.00 per member how many members lost would it take to hurt them in their pocket book?? Don't think that's a viable option. Washing ones hands of a preceived problem does nothing either. Stand up an be a part of the solution or YOU are part of the problem!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by FOsteology:

If a considerable number of members did the same, it would undoubtedly create a larger wave than an e-mail campaign. Hitting them where it hurts (their pocket) would most assuredly get their full and undivided attention.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Let's see?? At $55.00 per member how many members lost would it take to hurt them in their pocket book?? Don't think that's a viable option. Washing ones hands of a preceived problem does nothing either. Stand up an be a part of the solution or YOU are part of the problem!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by FOsteology:

Larry, the vast majority of SCI members are NOT part of the problem.

The problem was brought upon us by the greedy few.

And despite all our questions that they should be made accountable, no one listened amongst the management of SCI.

I know, hindsight is a great way to say "I told you so".

But we did, and the cheerleaders on here tried their best to shut us up.

I do agree with you that telling them you are not going to renew your membership won't really do any good.

They never listened to their members before - as demonstrated by a number of members who have asked them about certain things and never gotten an answer.

The whole orgenization, at the top, is giving us a very bad stink.

And the least we should expect is a good house clean.

I would love to proudly say I belong to an orgenization that actually cares about hunting.

And by that I mean REAL hunting.

Not the sort of holy grail SCI has been supporting with their Gold, Silver, Platinum and inner circles.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with hunting.

It is just an ego trip for some individuals who will do anything to beat the other guy.

As demonstrated by some of the past SCI presidents breaking laws to get what they want.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67410 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Saeed's right. SCI is increasing memberships by $10 to increase their revenues! Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I belong to a local chapter also....raised hell with chapter Pres to do something....next thing I know he is standing on stage with a color pic in Safari Times receiving an award....

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
People in Africa call SCI "The Banana Republic", and I think the name seems to fit.

jumping tu2

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas