THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Would You Shoot this Sable? Part 2

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Would You Shoot this Sable? Part 2
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
I just checked the website and it appears that they have removed the sable picture from their website.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Who are "they"?

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Can you send me the web site thru a PM...
I would like to say this about this hunt...When I was in Zim this past August, my Ph related to me a story about some clients from Spain..There were three guys and the youngest and on his first safari..Waited and shot all mature animals...His partners to his disgust shot anything that walked, crawled, or creeped...The latter two just wanted to kill and have a high body count..Both Ph's finally terminated the safari...

Mike

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Thank you for getting an answer for this.

Just as I thought, one of those screw ups that can and often do happen in the bush.

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Bwanamich,

It's the first time I've seen the photo, and having seen it, I would say no I wouldn't allow a client to shoot it as a trophy. I'd also say that yes, it is maneless, but it's certainly doesn't appear to be fully grown, let alone old.......but there might have been other reasons for taking the animal...........Frankly, I guess the chances are that it was a cock up either by the client or the PH, but it is possible there might have been other reasons.

It doesn't matter how good and/or experienced a PH (or indeed a client) is, cock ups can occasionally happen. A couple of years ago, I leopard crawled up to a herd of Buffalo (in Burigi) with a client and although he had a good rest and plenty of time he still got his right and left mixed up and despite being told 3 times to shoot the one on the left, he shot the one on the right. We ended up with a young Buffalo bull without any bosses to speak of.........but frankly, I've seen equally bad Buff (with proud hunters) posted on this sight plenty of times. ...........as I said, cock ups happen for all sorts of reasons to all sorts of people.

Incidentally, please don't think my comments were aimed at you, they were not. My comments were just supposed to point out that we are all sometimes a bit too quick to criticise without knowing the whole story, and perhaps we should ALL (myself included) try to remember that sometimes thing are not all they seem.