Notify
Tools

SA-Canned hunting continues
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Quickshot,

I hope you'll understand that I'd get cacked out from asshole to breakfast time by half the African hunting industry if I answered your question on a public forum. Wink

suffice to say that if you want to hunt a truly wild Lion in a true wilderness area, I'd strongly recommend you do it in somewhere like Tanzania or Mozambique etc and not in RSA. Sure it'd be expensive, but that's just the way it is. - Also remember that any offer of a cheap Lion hunt should be viewed with caution. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sakari

I get your point Big Grin

And I understand what your saying and don't what to say in public hilbily

thanks

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trophy hunting is the asset stripping of our environment and it must be stopped altogether."

Perhaps there is another way to look at this issue. The NRA in the US feels that any increased gun regulations will lead us down the path to gun confiscation. SO by the same token is the elimination of "canned" lion hunting a step toward eliminating trophy hunting? If you read the above quote you do not need to be a rocket scientist to understand Mercer's long term agenda.

I personally can't get upset about the shooting of canned lions. I see the breeding of lions for shooting as very similiar to raising cattle or other domestic stock for food or money. This captive lion population has no effect on "real" hunting and generates income for breeder etc.

I don't want to hunt anything but a wild lion but I don't care if someone else wants to "shoot" a canned lion. I think that a "Holier Than Thou" attitudes in the long run will not help us keep hunting alive for generations to come.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I think the issues go considerably deeper than many of us believe. IMO, the longer canned Lion shooting is permitted to continue, the more likely it is that the antis will use it as a weapon against us in an attempt to curtail or even close true sport trophy hunting. I believe that we need to police ourselves and close this travesty before someone else steps in to police us....... if that happens, they surely won't be pro hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Farms in SA is so small we tar halve of the farm and wet the other halve before we start hunting at 6am and the Lions roar like crazy you can pick how you want your trophy aswell whe can even wash your animal so that you dont get ticks on you during the photo session

dust who the f£$$ wants dust luckily we dont have Dust and Diesel in SA (shouldn't ethical hunting be on foot with a open sighted black powder rifle and your trophy carried to camp by the hunter)
375 fanatic,
you seem the real purist here,
Im sure your cruiser has the finest rifle rest up top and the bed of your cruiser is chocked full of .375 empties. or do you use a 22-250 for your night "hunting"?

only my 2 cents worth

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Chip,

I rather think his comments were a piss take. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
You put it right in your reply to Mark´s post.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,Mich

Your arguement makes perfect sense but I think mine does too.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there any organiztion that allows any lion shot in RSA to be counted towards a record???

Sci??

Rowland Ward??

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chipolopolo:
quote:
The Farms in SA is so small we tar halve of the farm and wet the other halve before we start hunting at 6am and the Lions roar like crazy you can pick how you want your trophy aswell whe can even wash your animal so that you dont get ticks on you during the photo session

dust who the f£$$ wants dust luckily we dont have Dust and Diesel in SA (shouldn't ethical hunting be on foot with a open sighted black powder rifle and your trophy carried to camp by the hunter)
375 fanatic,
you seem the real purist here,
Im sure your cruiser has the finest rifle rest up top and the bed of your cruiser is chocked full of .375 empties. or do you use a 22-250 for your night "hunting"?

only my 2 cents worth

Chip im not trying to give anybody hasles here but im getting tired to hear SA is not hunting and its so easy. i agree there is a few assholes that bugger up our name but in general our hunting is very stong and ethical. i was trying to say you will find unethical things in any counrty were you have hunting because you rely on peoples morals and if there is money involved some peoples morals fly out of the window.

I dont own a cruiser or a 22-250 and i can assure you that the only time i hunt of a bakkie is when we cull.

my post was more a piss take like Shakari said with a bit sarcasm its nothing personal

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Well I thought it was bloody funny! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
.375 , I understand but I'm not the first guy in line to poke a little fun at concession hunting. ALL my pals that want to start hunting in Africa I suggest a plains game hunt or two to get the feel of things. Its safe, inexpensive and just wets the appetite for those who may choose to start hunt where their might be "a little dust". But hell I'm having fun now so why stop huh?

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
During my hunting career I´ve shot plenty of game, all have had the chance to escape and none were given a makeover before hunting.

Is shooting a lion in a 10 000ha enclosed area a canned hunt? Yes if the animal was born in a cage and let loose to be shot, no if the area has a population that is self sustained.

But I´m pretty much on Mark´s side of the discussion, it shouldn´t be such a big deal and when we allow ourselves to be hounded by the greenies we are giving in to them.

The way things are going soon we´ll all be given a bunny hugger on each bakkie to make sure the hunt is ethical...and none of us will pass the test and the bunny hugger will then execute us!

This is sort of discussing morals in business, there just isn´t one answer or one truth.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote