Find
Notify
Tools

Lion and/or leopard carcasses?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
Just sitting here reading some Capstick and the thought occured to me.

What happens to the lion and/or leopard carcasses once skinned, skull taken, etc.? All other animals taken in Africa whether it be PG or DG are consumed in some fashion or used as bait for another target. I don't recall any mention of lion or leopard carcasses once harvested.

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think they are eaten.

I know lion fat is supposed to have some magical effect on the joints.

Have also heard of at least two hunters who have shot leopards and have insisted on having them cooked for them to eat - the whole carcas, on several days.

This must have some sort of magical powers too it would seem!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67390 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have killed three big cats and all were eaten - but not by the undersigned!

Juju, dawa or not!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13473 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ate my leopard the next night, and it was very good. I didn't want any piece of it wasted, so I told them to cook it up.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should not be to bad Mt Lion is pretty tasty so why not leopard or Simba

Posts: 60 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: 09 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It tasted like veal/chicken and was pretty good.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
My leopard carcass was fed to the crocs. The staff tied the carcass to a large post they drove into a sandbar then tied the other end of the rope around the carcass and threw it in the water. We got great pics and videos of the crocs feeding.

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
30'06,

Don't take it the wrong way, but didn't you feel a bit sad to throw the leopard carcass to the croc's?

It bothered me to watch my skinner skin mine out...I somehow wished to keep it intact. Sacred animal to me.

Don't take it the wrong way...I ate mine after it was skinned!

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
30'06,

Don't take it the wrong way, but didn't you feel a bit sad to throw the leopard carcass to the croc's?

It bothered me to watch my skinner skin mine out...I somehow wished to keep it intact. Sacred animal to me.

Don't take it the wrong way...I ate mine after it was skinned!

Just think ... you have a little bit of him with you every day!

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, but i must have "passed" him by now!

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Maybe the majority but there is still a little piece of him in there somewhere! Maybe a little fat reserve or piece of muscle tissue or new liver tissue, etc.

Graybird

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar- I understand what you are saying. I feel a little remorse (or something similar to remorse), for every animal that surrenders its life to me. However, the leopard has been resurrected in a full body mount/scene and is part of my life each day I see him in my home.

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote