New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curious
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys, I was wondering, What do you do with the meat of the big game animals after the hunt?

Even my spell checker wants to replace Obama, it just doesn't have any suggestions.
jerry.baldwin06@comcast.net

Posts: 354 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on where you are and what you got. Give us a hint. ER

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
If hunting on a ranch then the meat belongs to the owner. If hunting concessions the meat is donated to local villagers. We do always take a small portion for our own meals.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll probably never make it to Africa for a hunt, bur hunting here in the states I hate to see meat go to waste and I was just curious as to what all the safari hunters did with the meat after the hunt. Hell, I'm lucky to scrape together the money and the time to hunt on public lands around here.

Even my spell checker wants to replace Obama, it just doesn't have any suggestions.
jerry.baldwin06@comcast.net

Posts: 354 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
I assure you on Ranches it is not wasted, it is sold. If I'm not mistaken, there's laws on most books in the States and I'm sure a lot of other countries for wasting game making it an offense and punishable by fine. Now who shoots it and wastes it, and doesn't get caught, is on their conscience, Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
in africa most of the meat is eaten by locals. in areas without many people the camp crews dry it to take home ..

in many big game areas a lot is used on cat hunts .

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
On my recent trip to Zim the buffalo were used by the staff and used to feed the camp guests. Each person in camp was given their share of the meat. Each of the staff dried their share,and took it home with them. At one point the trackers traded some dried meat for vegetables to a village women. When the elephant was butchered the trackers took the cheek meat for themselves. All the rest was given to the people that lived in the local village. Everything was taken, bones and guts.The only thing left behind what was inside it's intestines. Like the others said nothing goes to waste all is used.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No protein goes to waste in Africa.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote