New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scott of Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I talked to a hunter that has a plains game hunt booked in March with Scott of Africa. Does anybody know anything about them?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about them, but a Google search came up with this URL:

http://www.scottofafrica.co.za/

In case you didn't already have it.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob. I had that info from the hunter, I thought I remembered some of the AR members had hunted there.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Is this Chappie Scott? I exchanged a couple of emails with him before eventually deciding to hunt with Vaughan. He seemed like a pretty knowledgeable fellow. That says nothing about his operation, but it's all I can offer.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been to Chappie Scott's place, and I think I would hunt with him.

He is 4 hours drive northeast of Port Elizabeth, HIGH in the mountains. the place looks like Colorado in Sept. Aspen trees and all.

If you go there after May 15th...... bring warm clothes.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chappie Scott along with Frank Bowker and a couple of others were the guys that got sport hunting going in RSA. He's been around for a long time and has good areas. When they first started out, Frank Bowker and Chappie Scott were partners in the safari business, but both operater seperately now. They remain friends and still hunt each other's places for some game.I haven't hunted with him, but have hunted with the Bowker's several times. Chappie has good areas and good quality game.

I wouldn't hesitate to check into hunting with him if I wanted to hunt the eastern cape again.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gentlemen,
Thanks for the info.