THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Exporting hunting rifle to South Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exporting hunting rifle to South Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There is a CZ 459 Lott setting in Texas at a FFL dealer there. He is trying to find a business etc. that can export this rifle to a PH in South Africa. Any of you Texans know someone who can export firearms. It is a gift from an appreciative hunter to his PH.

One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted Hide Post
I use

Leroys Big Vallry Gunworks
527 2nd Ave. North
Box 22
Glasgow, MT, 59230

406 22844867

They export to me in Australia so I would think RSA would be no problem.

12x12/9.3x74R

Posts: 134 | Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want to do something like this for a ph and found out the process for "exporting" a 22LR rifle for the ph's son was essentially the same as exporting an F-16 fighter.

A foreign citizen can purchase or receive a gift here and take it home pretty easily, but our "exporting" a firearm is a real pain. Therefore, if the ph is coming here, give him prior notice so he can do whatever he needs to do with his authorities, and give it to him here. Or give it to a "proxy" who is here and who can be trusted to transfer it to the ph when he gets back to Africa. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
FWIW, the SA firearms laws make it very hard and time consuming indeed for this to happen. Probably the easiest way would be for a SA firearms dealer who is experienced in the import/export process to handle the import for the PH. I'd recommend Sabi Rifles in Nelspruit who can be contacted at www.sabirifles.co.za

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shakari has it right - you would have to work through a dealer on both sides of the ocean. Where does your PH live? Maybe somebody here (me?) could point you in the direction of a local dealer who could help.

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rikkie we are FFL dealers but don't have exporting licenses. We are just trying to find where we can export from. Butch Searcy gave me New England Custom Guns but they have not returned emails. Do have a dealer in SA to send to.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Driftwood,

See the Simpson, LTD web site here They are in Galesburg, IL

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ETSS
5231 South Santa Fe Drive, Unit 5C
Littleton, CO 80120 USA
Phone: 1-303-798-5604
Fax: 1-303-798-5624
etssusa@usa.net
http://etssincusa.com

Leroy's Big Valley Gun Works
527 2nd Avenue North
Glasgow, MT 59230 USA
Phone: 1-406-228-4867
Fax: 1-406-228-4867
leroygun@newmontel.net

Simpson Ltd.
140 S. Seminary Street
Galesburg, IL 61401 USA
Phone: 1-309-342-5800
Fax: 1-309-342-5800
imports@simpsonltd.com
http://www.simpsonltd.com/

Only a licenced exporter can export the gun. In order to get an export permit, the import papers from RSA must be in order.

A visitor can only buy a gun if he has a valid hunting licence. He can take it with him without major hassles, but he still has to have his ducks in a row on the other side. (the famous SAPS520 form approved as well as his licence).

Frankly, he would be better off telling the PH to pick the gun of his choice at a local dealer, and then calling that dealer and giving him his credit card info. There is no shortage of guns for sale in RSA.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote