THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    African Sporting Gazette's Safari Newsreel.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Sporting Gazette's Safari Newsreel.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Zig Mackintosh
posted
I would like to take this opportunity, if I may, to introduce an exciting new concept to members of AR: African Hunting Gazette’s (formerly African Sporting Gazette) Safari Newsreel. This new product has been launched in conjunction with the Osprey Filming Company and each issue of the magazine now includes an action-packed DVD. Programs on the DVD include:

• Country profile. An overview of the featured country including the history, tourist attractions, wildlife, vegetation and more.
• Hunting feature. An exciting hunting safari typical of the featured country.
• Conservation topic. Stressing the importance of hunting in wildlife conservation.
• Professional Hunter Interview. Interview with a P.H. from the featured country.

The first in this new series was released with the October ’09 issue of the magazine and featured the Southern African country of Namibia. The current issue (convention issue) features Zimbabwe.

To compliment AHG Safari Newsreel DVD we have also launched an interactive website. The visitor to the website will find:

• Safari Newsreel Video. More interesting video programs.
• Almanac. Safari Photo Journals, P.H. Q&A, Flashback, Hunter’s Guide.
• Dispatches. Current news from across the hunting world.
• Featured articles.
• Blogs. Experts in the field give their views and the chance to express yours.
• Photo Gallery. Includes the trophy slideshow.

Visit http://www.safarinewsreel.com/ to find out more.

AHG Safari Newsreel Mission Statement.

The role of hunting in wildlife conservation goes relatively unnoticed and is certainly downplayed by the anti-hunters. If it were not for hunting, the majority of wilderness areas across the globe would not exist. Hunters pay more for wildlife conservation than all others combined and are more often vilified than recognized.

Without widespread public understanding of hunting conservation efforts these efforts will ultimately be doomed. The importance of arming the hunter with accurate information on the role that hunting has in wildlife conservation is immeasurable.

We, at AHG Safari Newsreel, are committed to disseminating the values of conservation through utilization. Our aim is not only to educate but also to provide the hunter relevant, accurate information in order for him to defend the values of hunting as well as his right to hunt.

The African Hunting Gazette will be at the Dallas and Reno shows please stop by at the booth if you are attending.

Thank you.

Zig Mackintosh

Posts: 240 | Location: South Africa/Zimbabwe | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Great first post Zig.
And thanks for the dvd. If i get my fat ass to Reno i will stop by for a chat.

Best

AD

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ASG is the best hunters magazine IMHO available in africa, looking forward to the new developments thumb

Posts: 90 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Good to see a great magazine not resting on her laurels. I particularly enjoyed reading the Q&A with John Sharp regarding trackers. Thanks. Good job.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
I am a subscriber to ASG and recently viewed the Namibia DVD. It is of high quality and accurately represents the country's hunting opportunities based on my own hunting experiences in that county.

I look forward to the Zimbabwe DVD in the next issue.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zig, I've tried three times to order the DVD by following the contact printed in the Winter 2009 - Namibia Issue of ASG/AHG (napha@mweb.com.na) and to date have not had any response to my requests. As others obviously have received the DVD, what am I doing wrong? Is there a better/alternative source?

One of Us
Picture of Zig Mackintosh
posted Hide Post
Anton, thanks for your reply, glad that you enjoyed the DVDs and hope that you can make it to Reno. Setters Safaris, Badger Matt and Wooly ESS thanks for your comments. Harvey, the first Safari Newsreel only went out to subscribers, NAPHA wont have any of the DVDs in stock. Please contact me at newsroom@safarinewsreel.com.

The Zimbabwe Safari Newsreel features a country profile, a dangerous game hunt in the Chewore Safari area of the Zambezi Valley, an interview with PH Mark Butcher of Matupula Hunters and a documentary about the CAMPFIRE program. This DVD will be going out with every copy of the African Hunting Gazette magazine.

Check out our website at http://www.safarinewsreel.com

Best

Zig Mackintosh

Posts: 240 | Location: South Africa/Zimbabwe | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey stern:
Zig, I've tried three times to order the DVD . . . . As others obviously have received the DVD, what am I doing wrong? Is there a better/alternative source?

I received my DVD with the latest edition of the magazine. It was really well done. I enjoyed it.

I probably won't watch it twice (too many kids and grandkids to deal with on a regular basis) so I'll gladly mail my DVD to you. You can have it if you like.

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote