Find
Notify
Tools

Where to go?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shack,

We have plenty of hogs in the Mississippi Delta, no need to go to TN. No limit on them and no season. I have 11 confirmed kills so far since May of these year.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If, IF, I ever left Idaho; it would be to East Texas, north of Houston a county or two. Where Hogkiller lives looks pretty nice to this country boy. He's got trees and everything!!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
No one has mentioned Oklahoma.

Hell, Okies just passed a law enforcing the right to keep arms for hunting purposes; therefore, solidifying the rights of hunters in the future.

The only bad part about Oklahoma is the wind because Kansas SUCKS and Texas BLOWS!!! Sorry, it's a college sports thing!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Boomer Sooner! From an Okie in Yankee Land.

There's good health care in OK, especially important as the years pass.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Blacktailer,

Texas is warm and living there can be economical but they do have outrageous weather. That kept us from considering Texas once we moved from Alaska. Coutryside is boring and road filthy. Now that should start a s--- storm.

Mark

Did you warn the pronghorn hunters you are tryoing to book how filthy Texas is? Roll Eyes

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blacktailer,

I will probably be following you soon, although I need to pile away more money in my pension for awhile first. It breaks my heart to see what has happened to my home state of California, but it is what it is. Thanks for starting this post.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
One more vote for Tejas!

Blacktailer, please, you must visit other parts of this great state. The DFW area, where I live, is definitely not the nicest, prettiest or most welcoming climate that the state has to offer. My dad lives in Morro Bay, so I'm familiar w/central CA, and it's an absolute paradise (if you could remove a few million people and overthrow the gov't.). Anyway, our hill country will remind you of home in many ways; rolling hills, lots of water (all fresh), incredible trees and bucolic little towns that have great culture. I have a ranch there and it's my all time favorite place, and that's after having lived in ID (born and raised), CA, AK, MT and Europe!!

BTW, there is a litter problem in the DFW area that absolutely amazed me when I moved here over 10 years ago but I think it has a bit to do with the demographic Wink

Also, it is my opinion that the "South" begins east of I-35 and runs to the Atlantic, while the area to the west is still largely the "West".

Come on out but promise to see more than DFW!!

Regards and welcome,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote