New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millennials saving hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The person who has taken this I do not understand it, not my thing at best attitude toward Africa is not Rogan. That is Steve Renellia; just to be clear.

I do not believe Steve Renellia stated public opinion is logical with his actions (grizzly bear hunting and being a thinker on all things hunting and hunting conservation). He does otherwise provide great outreach. He should be better used by the DSC, NRA,SCI, etc.

I do think he is honest enough to have a true discussion with. Whether he changes his mind is not so important as addressing this debate on his media. More folks will he just because this conversation is going on at his table.

He is very much the front line leader and market creator of these localvoire hunters. Instead of flipping them off, we should be engaged with open dialogue with him.

I cannot make it happen, but I bet the NRA or DSC can. I do not need nor should be the rebuttal person. You need someone better than me. I do not want to name names bc I would leave someone out. However, I think it needs to be a good African Outfitter with hard numbers.

It only takes a phone call and a check. I would make a donation to see this.

Posts: 12246 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Steve Rinella brought Joe Rogan into the hunting culture, or at least, Joe Rogan reached out to Steve Rinella when he wanted introduced to Hunting.

I see both as a great asset to hunting. Steve Rinella has spoken out against African sport hunting after the lion incident. I would love to have a discussion with him as he hunts brown bear and has done brown bear hunting shows.

We need these kind of guys on a board national campaign. Joe Rogan does UFC broadcasting. Fox broadcast UFC. There is a natural point of entry for more board based ad campaign space.

Not any longer. UFC is now exclusively on ESPN, ESPN+ and PPV. ESPN, the leader in politicizing sports. And leftist politics only. The first time Rogan steps out of ESPN's leftist line he'll be gone just like Curt Schilling. I watched the inaugural ESPN UFC event. If I have to endure Stephen A. Smith each fight broadcast, I'm going to give up on sports altogether now that NFL is off the table for me; kneeling for the National Anthem and failure of leadership from the commissioner and owners to stop it is something I just can't get past, but I digress.

That said, I do agree that getting Rogan on board is probably the very best social media angle we currently have. I don't agree with 100% of his positions but his show is a breath of fresh air in that no subjects are taboo and the participants can really air out their positions without fear of the political correctness police.

One of my main complaints against social media is the inability, or probably more accurately, the unwillingness to delve into and discuss nuance. We see that here on AR a lot of the time as well. Rogan's show allows deep discussion into nuance and let's face it, if we are to ever get past the "how do you save animals by killing animals" sound bite that is so easily digested by the masses, we have to discuss the hunting issue in terms of nuance, ie habitat preservation, anti poaching efforts and the like funded through hunting dollars, etc. Joe's show is a good platform for that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should see Steven A Smith do the boxing cards.

Posts: 12246 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Steve Rinella brought Joe Rogan into the hunting culture, or at least, Joe Rogan reached out to Steve Rinella when he wanted introduced to Hunting.

I see both as a great asset to hunting. Steve Rinella has spoken out against African sport hunting after the lion incident. I would love to have a discussion with him as he hunts brown bear and has done brown bear hunting shows.

We need these kind of guys on a board national campaign. Joe Rogan does UFC broadcasting. Fox broadcast UFC. There is a natural point of entry for more board based ad campaign space.

Not any longer. UFC is now exclusively on ESPN, ESPN+ and PPV. ESPN, the leader in politicizing sports. And leftist politics only. The first time Rogan steps out of ESPN's leftist line he'll be gone just like Curt Schilling. I watched the inaugural ESPN UFC event. If I have to endure Stephen A. Smith each fight broadcast, I'm going to give up on sports altogether now that NFL is off the table for me; kneeling for the National Anthem and failure of leadership from the commissioner and owners to stop it is something I just can't get past, but I digress.

That said, I do agree that getting Rogan on board is probably the very best social media angle we currently have. I don't agree with 100% of his positions but his show is a breath of fresh air in that no subjects are taboo and the participants can really air out their positions without fear of the political correctness police.

One of my main complaints against social media is the inability, or probably more accurately, the unwillingness to delve into and discuss nuance. We see that here on AR a lot of the time as well. Rogan's show allows deep discussion into nuance and let's face it, if we are to ever get past the "how do you save animals by killing animals" sound bite that is so easily digested by the masses, we have to discuss the hunting issue in terms of nuance, ie habitat preservation, anti poaching efforts and the like funded through hunting dollars, etc. Joe's show is a good platform for that.

Some years ago, when a third world country team members brought politics into a sport event, there was an outcry from every sport organization "KEEP POLITICS OUT OF SPORT".

Since so called "social media" came along, every Tom, Dick and Harry in the entertainment industry has brought politics into every tweet they utter.

Because it gets them "followers" who seem to get that feel good feeling because they are doing something for the environment, animals, blacks, whites, yellows, the oceans, and the sky before it falls over our heads!

Basically we have gotten some sort of sickness, and I sure home we can get out of it.

I was on an island in the Maldives when some environmentalist was there.

They decided to please her by having a "no meat" day!

Can you believe it??

I like meat, and I objected to this stupid rule, and got my meat dinner!

IO have no idea about this show.

But so far all I have seen start with an agenda, and they don't just bend the rules to meat this agenda, they break them too.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Millennials are going to save hunting? You mean the generation that can’t read or write cursive, do simple math without a calculator, and elected an idiot like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to Congress? They are going to save hunting? 2020 God help us..... I am like Cal. Hunting is doomed in the not to distant future.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13443 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
One of the issues with mellinials is their temporality. They have a problem with sticking with things over time. It’s very much a “what’s popular now, what gets me attention” generation. Since they lack investment, they lack stamina.