THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Pete deVilliers tracker Robbi Nyoni passes

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pete deVilliers tracker Robbi Nyoni passes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of us who have hunted with Pete deVilliers of Ivory Hunters Africa, his main tracker of many many years Robbi Nyoni has passed away away of a lung infection. I beleive he was 48. Pete and Alma took him the best private doctors for treatment but it was caught too late. Robbi's wife passed away about 5 years ago and he is survived by his 5 year old son, Robbi Jr.
Pete and Alma are setting up a trust fund for Robbi Jr. Anyone wishing to help out can contact Pete and Alma at www.hunterssa@mweb.co.za

I had the pleasure of hunting with Robbi in June. After our hunt in Zimbabwe we went to Kasane Botswana. Robbi came with us and it was the first time in his life he had ever been out of Zimbabwe. I can still vividly remember to look on his face at the Choppes market looking at all the people and not understanding a word another person was saying. He was blow away, it was somthing he had never expierenced.

My hunt in Africa was one of a handfull of the best expierences of my life. I am honered to have hunted with Robbi and very sadened about his passing. God Bless.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We in the hunting community are saddeded, and diminished by his passing. God Speed!!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If, and I believe it is probably so, that was Robbie Nyoni late of Ngamo Safaris he was a top guy and great tracker. He was Derek Littleton's tracker of choice for years at Ngamo and they shot more lions tracking over those years than everyone else shot on bait...

Hamba guhle Robbie - not many truly great trackers left...missing guys like him here in Tz.

Posts: 280 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote