New
Find
Notify
Tools

Temp in Sengwe 1 & 2
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm booking one of the buffalo specials offered in the Discounted hunt section and would like to know what the temps would run in Sengwe 1&2 in the mid to late Oct.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

Go to this site www.wunderground.com (weather underground)and plug in Chiredzi or Beitbridge, closest towns, and access the history of temps for last year in Oct. and it will give you an idea what to expect (Hot).

Cheers,

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1929 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
It will be hot! I was around those parts some years ago late October. Hot but good hunting those dates I would think around 40c

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It should be hot. Very hot. In the 110-115 range in the shade .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Should see temps 60*F - 85*F

This was October 2015

http://www.accuweather.com/en/...715?monyr=10/01/2015

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

This was very near there in 2013. In the shade after I whacked a bull elephant .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dukxdog:
Should see temps 60*F - 85*F

This was October 2015

http://www.accuweather.com/en/...715?monyr=10/01/2015

Roll Eyes

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, lots of powdered Gatorade and sun screen. This will be my first time during that time period, usually I go in July or August, so it will be a change.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been quite a few times in October. For the most part, it is not as hell. However , one year it was considerably cooler .

I have gone to bed with it 110 in the room.

Good luck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted Sengwe in September 2012--great place--post pics of new camp if you can, I understand the old camp washed away in a flood.

temps were mid-80s to mid 90's

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BAMA

Had two guys in Malapati hunting with the Duckworths a couple of years ago. Gary Duckworth sent me a pic of the thermometer showing 115 F late morning.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HOT....DAMN HOT...
Tarzan Hot....
Africa Hot....

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing for sure, if hell is any hotter, I DO NOT want to go to hell!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Early Oct. might not be too bad. I hunted Luangwa valley Zambia in early Oct and it wasnt any hotter than Louisiana in August.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1929 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a O2Cool 5" portable battery operated fan with you, they really help cool you off when you are trying to sleep. I have run mine all night on the low setting and never changed the batteries on a 10 day hunt. Awesome little fan and cheap too.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a Frogg Togg Chilly Pad. Makes a massive difference at night.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Combine the advice Larry and Butch gave you . . . take on O2Cool fan (uses two D-cell batteries) and the large size Chilly Pad. Wet the Chilly Pad and use it as a blanket at night to lay over you, put the fan on the nightstand and let it blow cool air over the top the Chilly Pad. Makes a big difference. That and taking an Ambien too.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even though it may be hot, you don't want to hunt the areas near the river too early. The grasses are 6-8 feet tall and thick as can be. You'll hear Buff and see grass tops move, but open shots at more than 10 feet are not likely.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs speaks the truth. That grass is higher than the truck.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
+++ on the fan & chilly togs,hunted there early November couple of years ago,it was hot very hot

DRSS

Posts: 2283 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Would I do it again? Hell yes lol.

DRSS

Posts: 2283 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand they burn the grass so hopefully it will be gone and green grass coming up. I have been told the buffalo start coming out of the park more that time of year so it should be exciting. Hopefully, I will see some of those big elephant that the area is famous for. That would be icing on the cake.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpktBGInl60

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bama

I also saw some really nice Kudu and bushbuck in Sengwe 1-

You might want to put a little back for those also.

In Sengwe 1 you will be mostly hunting Riverine terrain, lots of shade, but don't forget your insect repellent. You will spend a lot of time right down on the river.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It's 41 C (106 F) here in Bakersfield, right now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Been there and done that in October 2013. Sengwe One, I think, as well as Malapati. It was hot, hot, hot and it rained some too.

When I was at Sengwe (admittedly, for just one day and one night), the only real plan was to hunt and shoot at night or at first "light" before the buffalo and elephant crossed back into Kruger. The hunting area may be large, but the only area where game might be found is right beside the river where you have several hundred yards of riverine habitat. Where the riverine habitat ends, the communal lands commence. There was no real plan to hunt during the day or to hunt any time of day if game did not leave the park, so we elected to return to Malapati at that point.

Accommodations will be very basic. There will be lots of people around as well as cattle and goats.

Monster buff and monster nzou can be shot here, but what I observed was an unequivocal boundary hunt and night hunt.

This was my personal experience. It may have changed in three years, but this is how it was in 2013.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will,

I think Russ Broom put in some bore holes down there so things may have changed some.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
October is the hottest month in Zim,the locals used to call it suicide month because of it. expect temperatures in the 50+ celcious range

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Hi Randy. PM sent.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote