THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Namibia....how much ammo is allowed???

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia....how much ammo is allowed???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I can't seem to get a straight answer on this one....how much ammo are you allowed to bring into Namibia per rifle?? Do they actually check once there? Thanks!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
100 rounds per firearm.

They will also want to know how many rounds you leave with. nut

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh contrare only 60 rds per .

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Try this link(s).
http://www.natron.net/napha/english/huntinglaws.html
And this is straight off their site:
Firearm / Ammunition Allowances and Specifications
No more than one firearm per caliber and 200 rounds per firearm will be permitted. No ammunition for other rifle calibers will be permitted.
An exception to this may apply for shotguns where more than one of the same caliber may be allowed for bird hunting purposes if the client produces on arrival at the SAPS Gun Office an acceptable written motivation as to why more than one is required.
Firearms must bear the manufacturer's serial number or any other mark by which the firearm can be identified. The identification number must be stamped and the mark affixed in the prescribed manner on the barrel or the frame or the receiver of the firearm.
Handguns will be allowed into the country, but only for hunting purposes. Any visitor wanting to bring in a handgun in this regard needs to have a letter from an association in the country of origin, stating the handgun will be used for hunting purposes.
Prohibited firearms which may NOT be imported into South Africa include:
Any fully automatic weapon
Any semi-automatic weapon
Handgun/s for self-defense
Weapons which fall under military categories
A semi-automatic shotgun for hunting purposes may be allowed if an application is made at least 21 days before arrival through the Central Firearms Register with a motivation letter as to why this type of firearm is required.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And from the same website...
www.natron.net/napha/english/grundsatzinfo.html

Under "requirements for importing firearms"..."A maximum of one-hundred (100) rounds of ammunition may be imported per hunting rifle. Only ammunition for the specific caliber may be imported."

I think the 200 round limit is for going through South Africa. But I can't see needing more than 100 rounds (or 60 even) on a hunting trip. Unless the gemsbock are shooting back!

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
The RSA gun laws are different from the Namibia gun laws. If you got to stop over in RSA and need to get a RSA import licence you will also need to comply with the RSA laws.
Check with your outfitter in Namibia with regards to the gun laws and the amount of rounds.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See what I mean????

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Click on the Namibian Professional Hunters Assn.
web site.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The answer is: more than you will need (unless you are a truly terrible shot).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar

Your limiting factor may be the 5kg total weight of ammo limit the airlines allow. To give you a rough idea 100 rouds of 375 H&H is about the 5kgs.

When I went to Namibia I was doing a multi coutry trip and had 40 rouds of 416 and 120 rounds of 338. The airport police at Windhoek kept one 60 round box of 338 until I left the country. No hassle they just held it until I left for Zim. Also you asked if they counted the ammo. These guys counted every round and identified the headstamps.

At that time the police interpreted the law as you could have 100 rounds period. I do believe as others have said that the law actually is 100 rounds per firearm.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote