Find
Notify
Tools

New Mark Sullivan DVD
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted
We have been receiving numerous telephone and email requests for information regarding availability of the new Mark Sullivan DVD. This has prompted us to put together a pre-order page on our Website for those who are interested. The DVD is expected to be released in mid-February. As many of you know, we sell other DVDs as well.

We offer free USPS priority mail shipping in the continental United States and Alaska on all DVDs. We are told, by our repeat international clients in Europe and Africa, that our international shipping rates are the lowest in the industry. You can visit our Website DVD landing page for our available DVDs or this blog post to read more about Mark’s DVD. You can also read more about our domestic and international shipping here.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there an Promotion-Video for this DVD?
Or more infos??

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. FM:
Or more infos??

FM

If you have seen any of his previous videos, you should know what to expect.

A load of bloody bullshit about how he lets the animals decide how to die.

Of course, he is holding the rifle though.

The only addition I heard in these new videos is Mark Sullivan is shooting canned lions in South Africa!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68645 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does he get them in the can...??? rotflmo
Must be a BIG can huh..???
What a Maroon...!!

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Edwards:
How does he get them in the can...??? rotflmo
Must be a BIG can huh..???
What a Maroon...!!

Nothing is impossible for a man who has been hoodwinking the ignorant masses for so long! rotflmo

Posts: 68645 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Never met a more ignorant person in my life. Met him at SCI years ago and was not impressed and shaking my head as I walked away.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Actually I have always found Mark to be very approachable and a genuinely nice guy. Not arrogant and quite different from his on-screen persona.

And while I do not agree with letting an animal suffer needlessly and feel a personal responsibility to kill as quickly and humanely as possible, I will admit that his videos are expertly filmed.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually I have always found Mark to be very approachable and a genuinely nice guy.

Ditto on that..

But he is a guy I love to make fun of. Now that the video is named, USE ENOUGH DEATH,

I propose a name change to:

USE ENOUGH TOILET PAPER ??

Should sell a million of them

Posts: 389 | Location: Montana, USA | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
My only comment on Mark Sullivan would be nothing new to anyone who knows me. However there may be some other DVDs from Express yourself that would be worth watching'

...................................................................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually I have always found Mark to be very approachable and a genuinely nice guy. Not arrogant and quite different from his on-screen persona.

THAT IS CORRECT!!
:-)

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Never seen someone so arrogant when talking about himself. He will talk to anyone as long as he can brag about how the animal has to choose life or death. Purposely wounding animals is not right in any book.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Purposely wounding animals is not right in any book.

Not to argue a point, but I don't think he and his hunter intentionally wound animals. I do believe he handles follow-ups much different than most by not trying to put them down as quicky as possible. Most PH's I have hunted with try and get a fatal bullet in an animal as soon as an opportunity presents itself. Mark approaches the animal to provoke a charge, and while it may make for interesting film, it is not always perceived as the most humane method of dispatching his target.

Shooting a client's trophy is another characteristic of Mr. Sullivan's I don't care for but there is no shortage of hunters who want to be immortalized on celluloid with him! A price you pay for fame I guess.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

- Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

THAT IS CORRECT!!
:-)

I am sure he is a nice guy in real life,well maybe he needs to be that way to sell his services,but I find his style of hunting utterly repugnant & disgusting,his being nice etc does not make up for what he does.

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or more infos??

FM

Hi Frank,
I spoke with Mark and he will be putting together a trailer. Once I receive it I will revise edit it, upload it to our YouTube Channel (YouTube channel link is in my signature below), and then get it up on the Webpage.
Best regards,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The name seems odd. Is there a story behind it?

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Well I am guessing the new title is a play on the title of Ruark's book "Use Enough Gun".

Could be wrong, but that is what immediately sprang to mind.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps. Seems odd and a horrible title.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
quote:

Not to argue a point, but I don't think he and his hunter intentionally wound animals. I do believe he handles follow-ups much different than most by not trying to put them down as quicky as possible. Most PH's I have hunted with try and get a fatal bullet in an animal as soon as an opportunity presents itself. Mark approaches the animal to provoke a charge, and while it may make for interesting film, it is not always perceived as the most humane method of dispatching his target.

Shooting a client's trophy is another characteristic of Mr. Sullivan's I don't care for but there is no shortage of hunters who want to be immortalized on celluloid with him! A price you pay for fame I guess.

Alright.

let us go with the assumption that he does not purposely wounds animals.

Then he must be the most unlucky PH that has ever existed to get clients who are so clueless as to wound so many animals.

Or could it be that he is so utterly out of his depth to be a professional hunter that he is incapable of leading his clients to the animals properly so that they can dispatch them without wounding?

Take your pick.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Mark is a controversial figure, no doubt and I don't condone the way he hunts, never have. That said, and you have shot many more buff than me, but buffalo are incredibly tough and often require follow-ups. I watched a hunter on Aaron Nielsen's video last night shoot a bull at least 5 times with a .416 Remington. Now that hunter would have liked nothing less than a one shot kill. But it happens rarely on buff without hitting the CNS. The difference in how that bull was dispatched was that Aaron's hunter put another bullet in that buff every chance he got when he got it. He did not walk up to it and provoke a charge. From what I have seen on his DVD's, I think Mark would have approached the follow-up totally different...

I think because he is controversial we make generalizations about Mark that make half-truths or suppositions become gospel.

And that is all I have to say about that.

- Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
anyone who has that many charges in a single season undoubtedly has the world's worst shooting clients-or something is rotten in Denmark.,....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13392 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The title of this one - Use Enough Death - elevates unintentional self-parody, not to say malapropism, to an art form.

To paraphrase another great master of the malaprop, I am sure that this video will be unparalyzed in the history of film.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13617 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
anyone who has that many charges in a single season undoubtedly has the world's worst shooting clients-or something is rotten in Denmark.,....

How many charges in a single season would that be JD? I read where this DVD covered 9 seasons and contains 13 hunts, not 1 season. Most of his DVDs contain something on the order of 10 or so hunts, so 13 doesn't seem unusual for his productions. Most of his DVDs average 1 or 2 charges. I think one of his DVDs had 3 charges. I can't remember any having 4. Point being that although bashing Mark Sullivan is a recognized sport here on AR, many of the comments against him are simply not accurate. That's not to say that I don't have objections with some of his methods but rather that I recognize not everything said against him here on AR is fair or accurate.

Sorry to interrupt the lynch mob! Roll Eyes coffee

BTW, the name of this newest offering is a bit more than strange. In fact, it's downright laughable.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
In fact, it's downright laughable.

You mean just like everything he does regarding hunting? rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
In fact, it's downright laughable.

You mean just like everything he does regarding hunting? rotflmo

No, that's not what I mean. But your response was predictable concerning Mark Sullivan.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
From what I have seen is that most of his clients are double users and they are often asked to shoot buffalo off hand and at excessive ranges. This promotes wounding.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
quote:

Alright.

let us go with the assumption that he does not purposely wounds animals.

Then he must be the most unlucky PH that has ever existed to get clients who are so clueless as to wound so many animals.

Or could it be that he is so utterly out of his depth to be a professional hunter that he is incapable of leading his clients to the animals properly so that they can dispatch them without wounding?

Take your pick.

+1 !

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
From what I have seen is that most of his clients are double users and they are often asked to shoot buffalo off hand and at excessive ranges. This promotes wounding.

Totally agree.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
From the few DVD that i have watched, both Double rifles and Bolt action rifles are used by the clients.

Bolt Rifles From the 375 H & H to 505 bolt actions. some with scopes and some with open sights.
Double rifles from the 450 NE to the 600 NE.
I am sure i have missed some.

Most initial shots were taken with in 30 to 50 yards from what i can tell.

Some clients were able to drop there Cape Buffalo with 1 shot while other clients were in for the long haul. I do remember that a few clients ran out of ammo while doing there follow up on there wounded Cape buffalo.

The thing is not not every wounded cape buffalo produced a charge.

Reading that this production has taken 7 to 9 or more years to produce totally new footage. And that there are 13 totally new safaris.

In 9 years how many safari clients has Mark had? In looking at his home page he appears to be booked yearly. So lets say 10 clients. As Mark Sullivan specializes in Cape Buffalo i would estimate that the clients will go after 2 Cape Buffalo each for 20 Cape buffalo a year. that is 20 cape buffalo a year for 9 years, will take us to approximately 180 cape buffalo hunted or taken. And now how many Cape Buffalo charges are being shown on this new film. We know that there is a lion hunt in south Africa, and elephant hunt, possibly a hippo hunt being on the new DVD. That would take us to a possible 10 cape buffalo hunts, and we do not know if there is 1 or more charges until we are able to review the DVD.

So as Todd Williams indicates the lynch mob is in swing, however i will wait to see what will be produced before making judgment. beer

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will not get involved in the bashing of Mark nor defending him. The DVD name seems bizarre at best . Perhaps there is some marketing genius here. Look at all the discussion here on AR.

I'm just sayin...............

One of Us
Picture of Rather-B-Huntin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores: ....Perhaps there is some marketing genius here....

That's what I've thought all along. This guy comes across as a total douche IMHO, but he keeps his name out there and he keeps making plenty of doughnuts off of it! Attention doesn't have to be positive to capitalized upon. If you think he's full of bull shizzle and wish he'd go away, ignore him and his videos.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded emotional and sexual maturity".

Posts: 258 | Location: Winfield, WV | Registered: 06 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed all of his videos thus far. I suspect I will enjoy this one as well.

Always found Mark to be polite, respectful, appreciative and quite humble in all of the correspondence and discussions I've had with him. Same was true in all of my conversations with his wife.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Mark will be speaking at the Houston Safari Club monthly meeting in April. I look forward to meeting him. I made a post once commenting on one of his books and how much I enjoyed it and how well written it was. Several days later I got a call from Mark thanking me. While some may chose to criticize him, I found that to be a very gracious and unexpected occurrence. Not many other producers of hunting DVDs or authors of hunting books that would do the same.

Mike

Posts: 21672 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
I've done my share of MS bashing. Nothing over the top - pulling the piss a bit, I suppose. He's been the brunt of jokes here in Zim since black death part 1. Whatever, a bit childish, nothing serious. I'm 40 now, more mature and don't crack as many Mark jokes as before, but I will never, ever approve of or condone his style of hunting. It is simply too far removed from what I have been taught by professionals here. The point of how many charges he and his clients actually do face can be analyzed, debated and downplayed ad nauseum, but any angle you look at it he experiences way, way more charges than the average pro, because he wants to be charged. I have learnt that the plan is to avoid being charged... Fine, he has his big stopper and it hasn't let him down yet - he hasn't let himself down. Excellent, good going, but there is always that frosty friday (foot in an antbear hole at the crucial moment), and I would personally rather hunt with and learn from the guys who reckon they should choose how the buff dies. I'm sure Mark is a charming chap, I just don't think his videos have much to do with hunting.

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine last week cant wait to recieve it.Mark will release "Use Enough Death" Feb 15,2013.I have Mark's entire catalog and books,Great PH and Great American,All the Best Mark........

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Bingo.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
The title of this one - Use Enough Death - elevates unintentional self-parody, not to say malapropism, to an art form.

To paraphrase another great master of the malaprop, I am sure that this video will be unparalyzed in the history of film.
Can someone channel Ruark and get his impressions??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ExpressYourself: Does this DVD contain any footage of Mark's Australian buffalo? Cheers.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BenKK:
ExpressYourself: Does this DVD contain any footage of Mark's Australian buffalo? Cheers.

Ben,
Yes it does. There are two buffalo hunts from Australia featured in this DVD. You can read more about the DVD here.

Best regards,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Shawn.

Cheers,

Ben

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote