THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Ruger No. 1 with Leupold IR Circle Dot

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No. 1 with Leupold IR Circle Dot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After a rather lengthly session at the range, I have my 450/400 Ruger No.1 sighted in using a Leupold 1.5X5 circle dot with an illuminated reticle.

I can't wait to try this out on some buffalo. I have a Searcy double in the same calibre, but really like the Ruger as well.

This one shoots great groups (clover leafs) at 75 yds using Butch Searcy's original regulation load (400 gr wooodleighs and IMR 4831).

My only complaint is the increased recoil due to the significantly reduced rifle weight of the No. 1. There is no doubt when this one goes off....

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I predict you will love the scope on Buff. The reticle is very fast and it simply can't be beat for early, late or forest shots on Buff where the black hide of the Buff blends into the surrounding dusk. I liked the one on my .416Rem so much I put a second one on my .458Lott.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote