Notify
Tools

Field testers needed NOW!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
AR Forum members,

Jeff Wemmer here.

We are in the midst of a complete re-design of our product line.

We have the gun cases, slings, packs, etc. just about ready for production - HOWEVER, one of our most popular products, our "Safari Gaiters" has always been problematic from the standpoint of proper fit - when you do get the size that fits you they are a godsend, otherwise a pain in the ass for the customer to send back and get things right.

As a product designer, I am always attempting to improve things - Enter the new "Omni-Gaiters", a one-size fits all, Safari Gaiters. These wotk on both Boots and low-cut running / walking shoes. And, so far they fit everybody we tried them on.

Sounds great and they are, BUT...That's just my opinion..Your's is what really matters.

We have several pairs over in Africa being tested right now and the feedback has been excellent!

Now we are in to the final phase of testing and need 5 field testers that will be going to Africa in the next couple of weeks! For your trouble you will get a free pair of gaiters (final production model) and one of our new "THE Pack" for your trouble!

PM me and I'll send you a pair to test - Remember, the first five to respond get the deal!

Thanks,

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just PM'd you.

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Damn the luck... wish I could have tried 'em out for you in April! I used the current production model gaiters in XL and they worked great for me. The Boyt's are a "one size fits all" and cut the circulation off in my feet they are so tight. Hope you aren't moving in that direction. If so I need 3 pair of XL's while you still have them!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
I wish I could have known earlier I could have taken some cool product photos. Next time!

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would Cedar thickets and bramble/wild grape creek bottoms work as a substitute?

wave

hilbily

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I was just getting ready to order a pair of the Boyts but now wonder after reading the post by bwanamrm above. I am 6'3" and 200lbs so I need something adjustable or sized fairly large. I can field test them in the scrub brush up here in Montana then Zim in the spring. Let me know!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
PM sent

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
early in the 2009 season ago i got a pair of jeffs gaiters , they are still with me having done nearly 700 hunting days and apart from the label frayying a little they are still in excellent condition - jeff makes incredibly tough gear !

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
PM Sent.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I am leaving 30 september 2011 for a buffalo hunt in Zambia. Would love to try a pair.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff is serious about getting the BEST products out into the bush...
I'm sitting in the Admiral's Club in Dulles awaiting takeoff for Jo-berg/tonite....Zim Friday ...onto the Save for a fortnight....carrying 4 different versions of his innovative/fertile mind's concept for new gaiters....
Been wearing some for a couple of weeks ,got it right in my opinion....I always wanted a gaiter that would go over a running/hiking lo-quarter shoe....Damn if he didn't build a couple of protos that I have been wearing and will put thru the field test next 2 weks....Also have some designed for my old Courtneys....

NO comparison to these,( my opinion of course,but I have worn both!)to any other gaiters out there..

These from Jeff are the best around !!
By the way his T.H.E. Pack will damn sure qualify as a foolproof "carry-on" that doubles as your field pack on the Cruiser....Got mine here loaded, and comfortable as well....
Call you when I get back Jeffy

Paul

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jeff not till Sept 2012.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
HOWEVER, one of our most popular products, our "Safari Gaiters" has always been problematic from the standpoint of proper fit - when you do get the size that fits you they are a godsend, otherwise a pain in the ass for the customer to send back and get things right.

I've already designed the perfect gaiters. If you call them the Bill Stewart-The World's Greatest Elephant Hunter-Signature Series Gaiters you can use the design without me suing you. Smiler

http://forums.accuratereloadin...281077061#7281077061

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
quote:
HOWEVER, one of our most popular products, our "Safari Gaiters" has always been problematic from the standpoint of proper fit - when you do get the size that fits you they are a godsend, otherwise a pain in the ass for the customer to send back and get things right.

I've already designed the perfect gaiters. If you call them the Bill Stewart-The World's Greatest Elephant Hunter-Signature Series Gaiters you can use the design without me suing you. Smiler

They aren't the "perfect gaiter" as I can already see one improvement you could make.
probably a bit like your "perfect" Single trigger which then became a Double Trigger
when you purchased a DR !!! LOL

I have just sent it to Jeff anyway .............

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Tried to send a private message, but couldn't figure that out. Tried to place an order on your web site, but couldn't figure that out either. Yes, I'm a Neanderthal. Do you have an 800 number so I can buy some of your products? I really want to get the THE pack for my son as a birthday present. Sorry to post this public, I just can't figure it out.

Posts: 10311 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Hmm. it's not Africa but I;'ll be Elk hunting all next week...maybe we could establish a new market?? he he

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm going to Africa again soon, maybe next year. Or even asking for a pair to try out.. Just putting in my own 2cts.

I ended up buying the Boyt's, actually two pair. Worked with a local seamstress and cut both pair's up and re building as one pair added about 1/3+ into one set and coming up with what another member mentions as aprox.3XL

Good luck in you promotion

MopaneMike

Posts: 1112 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Leaving in 6 days for Ele. PM sent.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Jeff

Another good place to test would be Australia.

More grass seeds, spikes and biting animals than I have seen in Africa.

Regards Mark

Posts: 376 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Jeff:

As you know, I'm a big fan of your products.

As to gaiters, both my daughter and I found that the conventional type that you sell (sold?) worked just fine when sized properly (extra-large for me and small for Emmy).

Don't worry about sending me anything. I reckon my "obsolete" gaiters will outlast me!... as will all the rest of my www.TexasHuntCo.com stuff. Thanks for making it!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!! shocker is all I can say....The response to this has been incredible!

Due to the overwhelming response to this request I have increased the lot to 10 testers!

Those chosen will be notified shortly and we will get the test ptoducts out to you post-haste!

Thanks to all AR forum members that responded.

We have enough testers now, so the program is up and running!

Thanks again, tu2

JW

One of Us
Picture of Big Game Hunter
posted Hide Post
I am not going back in a few weeks but I am going to Mozambique in April for buffalo and elephant.

I would love to try a pair and give me .02 on them.

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
Keith@tcchunts.com

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
TCChunts@gmail.com

All of your desires can be found on the other side of your fears.

Posts: 490 | Location: Oxford, AL. | Registered: 24 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Why can't Heym do this?

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO!!! rotflmo Good one, BaxterB!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why can't Heym do this?

They just did! Where were you??? Confused

Got me a "Jumbo" sidelock, fully engraved heading my way to test!!! LOL! tu2

(only kidding Chris)

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
They just did! Where were you???

Got me a "Jumbo" sidelock, fully engraved heading my way to test!!! LOL!

Day late and a dollar short as always...damn! Can't you spare some gaiters for the poor soul that missed out on the Heym test-program?!

Any pics of the new gaiters or you still finalizing details?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff: I received the products that I ordered from you. The sling & the gun slip are OUTSTANDING !!! You are correct about the sizing for the gaiters; I almost ordered the extra large size, but at the last minute decided to go with the large, & they are even a tad too big. I'll keep them, but will probably also order a pair in medium. Thanks for your GREAT quality.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pm sent

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

I leave for the Caprivi on Sept 23rd for my first elephant hunt.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok everybody, we have goptten back enough feedback from both members on this forum and our testers here in Texas.

It's unamimous!

We will be offering 2 types of gaiters:

1) A "low-cut" version for running-type shoes and low-cut boots.

2) Our original type for regular boots (6" & taller),

All wiil feature our new "Omni sizing" for a one size fits all (no kidding it really works).

Folks, these things really work and are a vast improvement over anything we have seen, or ever produced.

Great stuff and will simplify ordering and sizing issues that plague this type of item...The code has been cracked!!!

Thanks for all of the support from the forum members - this is how great gear gets put into the market!

NOTE: THESE WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER FIRST OF YEAR AND WILL BE FOR SALE AT THE DSC SHOW - HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

PS - Testers, your goodies will arrive to you once we have finalized all designs and have production goods available - again, thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got some photos for us Jeff??

Will you deliver them O/S?? Price??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what if I only need half a pair do I get a special price??? jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Having tested these new low gaiters for Jeff in late September, I can give them my highest endorsement. I wore them daily over NB trail shoes while hunting Elephant in Zim Chewore South with temperatures up into 110F. 13 miles on day one.

The front snap keeps them in place while going up and down hills through heavy brush. The adjustable elastic top worked great and was comfortable on my football player ankles. After my return they went through the washer and came out looking like new.

Good job Jeff. They are an outstanding design of gaiters for hot weather (Africa) heavy duty use. They make my other (two) brands obsolete.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I also tested a pair in Mozambique. They were comfortable to wear and preformed flawlessly. tu2

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That low quarter (wore mine on NB 642) with the toe snap is the nuts.... Had 'em on for two weeks in the save. Wear them around the ranch here as well.
First pair off the line in August,I ran the idea by Jeff in Odessa,Tx for something to use on shoes,and by next Tuesday he was running in the protype. Got them the night before my departure for the "field test".

Oh yeah ,the price for these was really right, If you keep perfecting this stuff,who knows,you may be able to charge people for it. Might even turn into a business.....

Paul

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Jeffs prototype gaiters for my buffalo hunt in Zambia the forst week of October. I used the gaiters eith Courtney 6" shoes and they worked great.

Thanks Jeff.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I need a pair, and perhaps a rifle case. Bought one of Jeff's packs for my son and it is incredible. I thought my pack was perfect, but I may need a pack as well.

Posts: 10311 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Nothing but great things to say about the gaiters.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote