New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Great American Outdoor Show
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Harrisburg's anti gun mayor Eric Papenfus will not allow Harrisburg police to patrol the show. Past shows have hired off duty Harrisburg police to patrol the show. Someone can post the story link from Harrisburg patriot news.
I wonder how the business community would feel if they lost the millions this show brings?

Keith

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish there was somewhere near State College/Altoona PA that could support the size of a show that the Farmshow Building can, or really anywhere else outside of a major metropolitan area of PA.

I don't think the criminals of Harrisburg are going into the show to look around for their next carry piece, so why not graciously accept the additional income for your officers and your city.

I also think it's a good thing that the NRA is splitting up where their yearly donation to the community goes, I think I would be hard pressed to support the mayor & police chief with their current attitude

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Pa., but in La. I think you could hire off duty sheriffs deputies to fill the void.
I hate it for the officers that could use the extra income.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I wish they would have one in the west
East coast seems to be lost thanks to pine cone eaters

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
I guess the bozo mayor hasn't learned from past history when the Outdoor Show didn't happen. The city lost millions in revenue.

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought the mayor was supposed to be for the community huh? The community safety and such as that too. The business there should get after his butt.

But in any event I am pretty sure they can bring in other LEOs or even private security. And make a stink about it too.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
The Mayor could take 50% but, now wants nothing. All about the $$$. The show is a huge success for the region and the city. Somehow greed is getting in the way.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote