New
Find
Notify
Tools

did we loose another PH today?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I heard another PH was killed today hunting elephant.

Has anyone got any more info.
Sad day for sure.
I don't have much info as I heard this from one of my clients.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1238 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Saw a post on Facebook saying Theunis Botha was killed by an Ele yesterday. Since it was on FB not sure if true or not.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJoe:
Saw a post on Facebook saying Theunis Botha was killed by an Ele yesterday. Since it was on FB not sure if true or not.

That what I had heard as well. One of my clients hunted with him this past year and got the call.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1238 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently, it's true. This from a friend at PHASA.
"The hunting world is mourning the tragic and untimely passing of PH and passionate hounds man, Theunis Botha, yesterday. He was killed when an elephant breeding herd charged his party whilst on safari in Zimbabwe.

Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends."

RIP

Frontline has reached out to contacts at ZPHGA to get any details available.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2895 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I never knew the man but regardless it is not good news! It seems this has been a bad year for PHs, something no hunter wants to hear!

May his soul rest in peace, and my condolences to his family and friends!

............We have lost many this year and this is a year I will remember with sadness!
..................................................................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hunted with him in 2005 in Zim. My partner took a Leopard that his hounds bayed. I had a new pair of Russell Mountain PH boots that he wanted to buy from me. Very nice chap. RIP.

CORRECTION: Our 2005 hunt with Theunis was in Mozambique.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sad day

Tim

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
This from a friend in Zim:

Thuenis Botha, SA ph and hounds man, known to many in Zim, was killed by an elephant in the Gwai area yesterday during an elephant hunt. Elephant Cow was shot in self defense and landed on Thuenis, killing him. This is what we know as of now. We are dealing with the operator Tim Schultz. Until we know more, we will not post more. please refrain from spreading rumors and remember families are involved. We will share full details if and when the time is right. Thuenis leaves behind Carika and his 4 children. R.I.P big Thuenis.

Prayers to the family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37728 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1112 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Shit, that's awful especially for family

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Condolences to his wife and kids.

Thanks to all African PHs who deal with danger every day to help us enjoy our sport and pursue our passion.

And to feed their families and many african citizens as well.

Posts: 2623 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
This from a friend in Zim:

Until we know more, we will not post more. please refrain from spreading rumors and remember families are involved. We will share full details if and when the time is right.

Prayers to the family.

As tragic as the circumstances are, as they are in the death of anyone, I took some umbrage to this post. Yes school teacher we will be sit quietly at our desks and not say a word.

In the meantime the news and the details have spread like wildfire around the world and we on AR are sitting obediently waiting for details "if and when the time is right". Is this how fellow and concerned hunters from all parts of the globe are to be treated.

Of course families are involved as they are in any death, this is not unique to the death of PHs. While I see the shear tragedy and sadness in the circumstances of Thuenis's death and the profound effect on his family and friends this post was bullshit and out of line with how the very people who have affinity with his chosen occupation should be regarded.

Posts: 3906 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote