New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insects in Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am leaving for Tanzenia Aug. 3. A lot of people have talked about permadone (spelling). I can't find it at any local stores, Including Wal Mart.

Is deet jost as good. If not what chain stores might handle permadone?
thanks
george

Posts: 527 | Location: New Orleans,La. | Registered: 27 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Permanone Smiler

Walmart should carry it. DEET is ok for flying blood suckers. But permanone kills anything that lands or crawls on you.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
gi,

The premixed permanone is sold under the name REPEL...It is found around the camping stuffat Walmart..In the lawn and garden area the plastic bottle say Eliminator and says Ant, flea, tick,& mosquito killer
red label 32 oz. size...has to be thinned to .5% 4 8oz.cups water one 8 oz. Eliminator...
I also bought a spray bottle right there in the garden center to use for clothes...not on skin...

I like the lotion or cream repellants they last longer then sprays...Also 30 to 40% deet..

Mike

5 days till the Selous

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good to spray on your mosquito netting as well.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
Picked up some at Cabelas for our upcoming trip. Readily available there. Also our local WalMart carries it.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
permanone

How toxic is this stuff ITO bio-acumulating and/or snuffing anything that eats the insects that it kills eg bats, frogs, skinks etc and on up?

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
The label says not to spray it on your skin.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T
posted Hide Post
How about these Jurasic Park Cane Crickets?

Posts: 292 | Location: Tx | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote